Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still don’t have FSD trial.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next you would need to go into the App and start a Service ticket and select Software and describe. Likely it can be "fixed" OTA.
Did that too, but no matter what I select, their app decides to send it mobile service and the earliest date is the 29th. When you select software, they do a diagnostic and say you have the latest version and there is no other option to tell them what the problem is!

Did that too, but no matter what I select, their app decides to send it mobile service and the earliest date is the 29th. When you select software, they do a diagnostic and say you have the latest version and there is no other option to tell them what the problem is!
I'm having the same issue. I have a 2021 M3 on 2024.3.15 with no FSD option in autopilot. I went ahead and submitted a mobile service request for 4/25 just to see if it would trigger anything. Sure enough, shortly after submitting the request, I got a text from the service center saying they have no control over the FSD trial release. The full message reads "We don't have control on the new releases or the FSD trial release here at the service center. That will all come from the factory as they work through the queue. It will take some time but you should receive it within a week." I mentioned to the rep that I had already received the invite for the FSD trial after the 2024.3.10 update, so I asked if my trial date would start based on the invite date or when it's actually enabled, and they said it would start when it was enabled. To be honest, I don't know if the rep actually understands the issue. If they do understand what's happening, they seem to be implying that the FSD trial isn't necessarily enabled directly by the software update (which I guess could be true?). I'm still skeptical of the response since, for most people, there's very little delay between the software update and seeing the FSD option.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I'm having the same issue. I have a 2021 M3 on 2024.3.15 with no FSD option in autopilot. I went ahead and submitted a mobile service request for 4/25 just to see if it would trigger anything. Sure enough, shortly after submitting the request, I got a text from the service center saying they have no control over the FSD trial release. The full message reads "We don't have control on the new releases or the FSD trial release here at the service center. That will all come from the factory as they work through the queue. It will take some time but you should receive it within a week." I mentioned to the rep that I had already received the invite for the FSD trial after the 2024.3.10 update, so I asked if my trial date would start based on the invite date or when it's actually enabled, and they said it would start when it was enabled. To be honest, I don't know if the rep actually understands the issue. If they do understand what's happening, they seem to be implying that the FSD trial isn't necessarily enabled directly by the software update (which I guess could be true?). I'm still skeptical of the response since, for most people, there's very little delay between the software update and seeing the FSD option.
Everyone I know with the trial, the email was instant from Tesla saying you got the trial as soon as the update completed. Then when you got into the car for the first time after the install you had to click through confirmation about the trial.

I don't think the service centre really understands what you are asking or how the trial is working.

The difference with me is that I had actually subscribed, and my software screen actually shows that I have a FSD subscription, with an expiration date. But in my Autopilot menu, there is no option to select FSD, just TACC and Autosteer.

• Informative
Reactions: Tedkidd
So, tonight, while picking up dinner, when I came back to the car, it was rebooting, and when done, I had FSD (Supervised)! Not sure if they got to it as part of my service request, or the car finally camae to its senses, but whatever...

So, tonight, while picking up dinner, when I came back to the car, it was rebooting, and when done, I had FSD (Supervised)! Not sure if they got to it as part of my service request, or the car finally camae to its senses, but whatever...
The difference with me is that I had actually subscribed, and my software screen actually shows that I have a FSD subscription, with an expiration date. But in my Autopilot menu, there is no option to select FSD, just TACC and Autosteer.
Glad it started working for you! Yes, I'm only dealing with the trial, so not exactly the same. When my software updated to 2024.3.10, I started seeing traffic on both sides of the road, and got the email regarding the FSD trial, but the FSD option has not appeared on my Autopilot menu. That's what felt similar to what you were describing.

Glad it started working for you! Yes, I'm only dealing with the trial, so not exactly the same. When my software updated to 2024.3.10, I started seeing traffic on both sides of the road, and got the email regarding the FSD trial, but the FSD option has not appeared on my Autopilot menu. That's what felt similar to what you were describing.
Thinking back now about the other times I subscribed, I seem to remember that it always seem to take a while before the FSD option appeared, even though the software screen says I have a subscription. This time it was 10 days before it rebooted and came back with FSD available. I don't know if some flag got set by someone at Tesla, or it just occured as part of an periodic update process. But it can't hurt to schedule a service...