Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
based on the wheels, looks like an older Model S

Ratingen. During the night of Tuesday, an electric car parked at Mintarder Weg in Ratingen-Breitscheid was completely destroyed in a fire.

According to the police, the fire broke out on Tuesday night. At 2.30am, a local resident of the Mintarder Weg woke up from sleep for having heard a loud bang from the daycare car park on Mintarder Weg. He then ran to the street to check and found that a parked in the parking Tesla burned. Immediately, the man called the fire department.

When the emergency services arrived, the electric car already burned to its full extent. The firefighters extinguished the fire, but could no longer prevent the car from burning completely. A BMW, which stood about four meters beside the burning Tesla, was also damaged by the enormous heat development. The police estimate the total property damage to around 50,000 euros.

How the fire originated is so far unclear. To investigate the cause of the fire, the police have towed the remnants of the Tesla. At present, officials can not exclude either a technical defect or an intentional or negligent arson. However, there were no indications of possible suspicious persons in the area after the police had first been investigated.

The police asks witnesses who may have observed something suspicious to report to the guard in Ratingen on 02102 9981-6210.

RA_E-Auto-brennt.jpg

Just came back from supercharging .. here are my stats: Added 220 mi and 65kWh. Stopped charging at (what the computer says is) 90% and 233 miles in the "tank". This puts my 100% range at 258 miles and 100% charge at 76 kWh. As a side note, I started charging with 12 mi worth of battery remaining, took well over an 1:15 to get to 90% so the charge rate has significantly slowed. The peak rate started at 122kW and slowly, but linearly, dropped to the final 27kW rate in the end.

IMG_5765.JPG
IMG_5766.JPG

Posted this in another thread but seems more relevant in this one.

So In addition to fixing the sketch pad app, update 2019.24.4 no longer displays expected mileage/km range next to the battery symbol in the upper (binacle) display above the steering wheel.

Even if you select show range rather that energy in the Displays section in the console.

It looks like Tesla decided to make it more difficult for users to understand the range loss affecting our vehicles rather than fix the root cause issue.

Not really feeling Tesla’s love and support right now...
??? I am on that version and I still se the rated range. And I am one of the affected ones.