Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep....after 28.2 my a/c is now having to be set at 69-70 to stay comfortable...before is was set at 73-74 and were very cool and comfortable
Not in my case. I live in Arizona where it was 113º yesterday. I enjoy the same comfort at the same settings as always (72º-74º on Auto). If your AC isn't cooling properly, I don't think it's due to the software update.

Installed 2019.28.3.1 last night. Charged today to 90%. No change in range, The charging speed slow, 30 minutes to add 50 miles.
I have the home charger and I am on 28.1.........I charge with a 50a panel breaker and charge rate of 40 amps, 240v and I get 37 mile an hour charge rate.......at 50 miles for 30 min, that equates to 100 an hour......are you charging at home? What size breaker do you have...seems pretty good to me

Reactions: Kenz
I have the home charger and I am on 28.1.........I charge with a 50a panel breaker and charge rate of 40 amps, 240v and I get 37 mile an hour charge rate.......at 50 miles for 30 min, that equates to 100 an hour......are you charging at home? What size breaker do you have...seems pretty good to me
He is Supercharging. Tesla slowed our supercharging rate by over 50% and will give no real reason. :(

I'm hoping Tesla improved the M3 battery (I think they claim that) and other quality issues as a lessons-learned from earlier cars. At least some limited number of M3's have been around now for 2 years and so far they look to be doing pretty decent with respect to at least battery longevity.

Mike
So, you think 70% ( M3 warranty number) after 8 years is an improvement over the numbers they had been happily projecting based on S and X battery degradation trends?

My arbitration hearing decision:

View attachment 444223

Note the limitation of scope.

No wonder you got denied. Lemon Law has nothing to do with what we are talking about. That law is specific about the manufacturer given the opportunity to remedy the fault. Tesla is DENYING the fault. This is a fire safety issue that Tesla is covering up with software limiting battery capacity and charging speed. "Stay on Target" Now back to the class action suit.

when we compared values he said they were pretty accurate... so Tesla can't say 3rd party app data is not accurate or valid !

ScanMyTesla reads CAN bus data from the car. It is the exact same data Tesla is reading from the car. There are a few values that the tool is calculating from other data sets, so these values do not exist directly on the CAN bus.

The important ones are directly from the car, though. All battery capacity data, cell voltages, power, power limits, temperatures. All these values are directly from the CAN bus.

Got an android phone for the sole purpose of getting ScanMyTesla. Can someone kindly point me to a link that contains step by step instructions on the specific cable and OBD device (and where to purchase them) that is needed to connect to a 2013 P85 so I can monitor the cell voltages etc. As previously reported, I’ve lost significant range, while only recovering a small amount with 2019.28.2.5 . Thanks

So, you think 70% ( M3 warranty number) after 8 years is an improvement over the numbers they had been happily projecting based on S and X battery degradation trends?

No, I also don't think cars from mainstream manufacturers will spontaneously combust after their 3 year/36000 mile warranties either. Guess we'll have to wait and see in ~6 years but it doesn't look like many model 3's are in line for 30% battery degradation after 8 years.

Mike

No, I also don't think cars from mainstream manufacturers will spontaneously combust after their 3 year/36000 mile warranties either. Guess we'll have to wait and see in ~6 years but it doesn't look like many model 3's are in line for 30% battery degradation after 8 years.

Mike
Actually, quite a few do spontaneously combust, but what does that have to do with the rate of battery range loss?

It didn't look like that to S owners either. They were very happy with the slow rate of degradation they experienced over the years, but then wham, some got hit with major losses overnight. Now Tesla battery range loss has suddenly become highly unpredictable. Who gets hit next and by how much? and how often? Tesla isn't saying a word about why or what might happen next.

Your 310 mile 3 is suddenly a 217 3 any time in the next 8 years and Tesla is good with that, with NO promises after that, no published battery replacement program. You're good with that too, huh? Even when you know that rated range is seldom close to real-world range depending on driving patterns, weather, terrain, etc.

As word spreads I don't see any of this inspiring buyer confidence. I think it will put a damper on current owners recommending Teslas, which has been the cornerstone of Tesla marketing.

Question. As I understand it Pre facelift cars (mid 2016 and earlier) 85kWh batteries and below with 350V packs, had 15 Modules, rather than the 400V packs that had 16 Modules. Is this correct? And is it only some of the 350V packs that have been capped rather than all 350V packs?
Also, when did Tesla change to silicon in their NCA batteries?
Still trying to identify a common thread for those batteries that have been affected.

Range loss and slower charge speed should be expected as the battery ages.
Might be time to trade up to get longer range, bigger battery and faster charge speeds.
I wish my iphone would last as long as it did when new but after two years it dies a lot quicker.
Time to trade up for new technology and battery.

Sorry, distraction and confusion are not going to cut it. Been tried and failed.