Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was a month ago to compare.
1.png
1.png

It doesn’t matter what he personally believes. As many have stated: stay on topic. This thread has gotten a lot more civil lately. Let’s keep it that way.
That is true, but more should be done on that behalf. Everyone is holding their breath on a Californian class action lawsuit and an NHTSA investigation. That may not be enough to get to the bottom of it

File the version of class action in the Netherlands. Every US state should have owners do the same. Until Class status is granted, it's perfectly reasonable to duplicate the same efforts everywhere and forces Tesla to multiply their works to conceal this problem another 98%. It also diversifies who they are trying to fool so it''s not just one judge in their back yard.

May I ask, what do you do with your vehicle? And if I missed it, what is your total mileage on your vehicle? I'm completely blown away by the level of regen you have on your car. At 94,000 miles my regen total is less than 5 megawatts, with some 40 megawatts of DC Charging, and about 7 megawatts of AC charging. But I do endless amounts of freeway driving. Are you doing all Citi driving? With constant stop and go(Taxi, Uber, Lyft???). This is just pure curiosity as I've never seen anyone near regen amounts like that! :)

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
File the version of class action in the Netherlands. Every US state should have owners do the same. Until Class status is granted, it's perfectly reasonable to duplicate the same efforts everywhere and forces Tesla to multiply their works to conceal this problem another 98%. It also diversifies who they are trying to fool so it''s not just one judge in their back yard.
That's exactly the idea. And believe me the European commission is much more sensitive in these kind of topics compared to US. I will most probably not be looking for a corresponding Dutch class action though. Will give more room for people who may prefer to handle it differently. Whoever wants to join will be welcome but that's about it. My goal at this point is not to mediate with Tesla and just get a new battery. I gave them that chance last week and they declined. My goal is to force Tesla to reveal the truth

Last edited:
My goal is to force Tesla to reveal the truth
That was the point of the NHTSA requests and class actions. If you have a version of the EPA, they violated that too. I'm not ready to file an official EPA violation report here - Dieselgate would have killed tesla - but you could look at that angle because they intentionally defrauded emissions tests when they changed allowable charge voltage so none of our cars can reach the tested criteria even with a brand new exact spec battery. This has been proven already with replacement batteries. It's the ace in the hole but might be overkill given the known outcomes once we open that can of worms.

That was the point of the NHTSA requests and class actions. If you have a version of the EPA, they violated that too. I'm not ready to file an official EPA violation report here - Dieselgate would have killed tesla - but you could look at that angle because they intentionally defrauded emissions tests when they changed allowable charge voltage so none of our cars can reach the tested criteria even with a brand new exact spec battery. This has been proven already with replacement batteries. It's the ace in the hole but might be overkill given the known outcomes once we open that can of worms.
By the way, are you aware if/how I can deactivate internet connection to the car? I do not want Tesla to have any access to the car from now on

Reactions: Chaserr
Remove the SIM card and don't connect it to WiFi. The null Wifi trick doesn't work any more - it falls back to SIM if it detects no connection from Wifi now. There's a couple threads on how to remove the SIM, and I think it's faster for you with a Euro spec car than it is on US spec. When you want data while driving, use wifi hotspot from your phone.

May I ask, what do you do with your vehicle? And if I missed it, what is your total mileage on your vehicle? I'm completely blown away by the level of regen you have on your car. At 94,000 miles my regen total is less than 5 megawatts, with some 40 megawatts of DC Charging, and about 7 megawatts of AC charging. But I do endless amounts of freeway driving. Are you doing all Citi driving? With constant stop and go(Taxi, Uber, Lyft???). This is just pure curiosity as I've never seen anyone near regen amounts like that! :)
I do mostly city driving, right now I have 112,187 miles. At one time (several update ago) my regen was not as strong. It has gotten better when the charge is low but it is still not a strong as before battery/charge gate

Last edited: