Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fully agree. @wk057 had asked people to back up their empty statements. I agree with him, and urged him to back up his unsubstantiated claims. I wish he wasn't an example of the empty claims he complained about but unfortunately he is probably the biggest example in this entire thread. His claims are nothing less than the ability to force recalls today and possibly save lives, and definitely saving more homes. He could end the bickering simply by following through on his empty complaints and substantiating his words.

In the end, nothing but recalls matter. Anyone claiming to have vital information that could save lives and accelerate recalls should back those words with more than emptiness.

His last empty claim is Tesla will be forced to do the right thing soon. We don't really have to believe it, the evidence from everywhere else is making that look likely. Recalls are coming; too many criminal investigations are coming together, and the civil suit is about to go public. And that's all that matters. Tesla may always try to do the wrong thing, but it can be forced against its will with sufficient pressure.

I fully agree. @wk057 had asked people to back up their empty statements. I agree with him, and urged him to back up his unsubstantiated claims. I wish he wasn't an example of the empty claims he complained about but unfortunately he is probably the biggest example in this entire thread. His claims are nothing less than the ability to force recalls today and possibly save lives, and definitely saving more homes. He could end the bickering simply by following through on his empty complaints and substantiating his words.

In the end, nothing but recalls matter. Anyone claiming to have vital information that could save lives and accelerate recalls should back those words with more than emptiness.
This forum doesn't exist in a vacuum. It is frequented by the entire world, including Tesla and the media. You are asking someone to disclose information publicly that could bring significant legal liability to that individual, not to mention a possible slander suit from Tesla. Do any of us have the resources to fight the highest valued car maker on earth? Anyone want to take that bet?

Let's all try to get along.

I fully agree. @wk057 had asked people to back up their empty statements. I agree with him, and urged him to back up his unsubstantiated claims. I wish he wasn't an example of the empty claims he complained about but unfortunately he is probably the biggest example in this entire thread.

Real-life lol

I have the Kettle holding for you on line 2.

I agree. I wouldn't even mention it if I wasn't agreeing with some complaints made here and desire for people making extraordinary claims to back their statements. What was brought up is true, this thread is full of some extraordinary claims with nothing to back them and if someone can make it end by backing up their own claims they should. All of it ends if people complaining about unbacked claims were serious enough to actually back their claims.

I understand peoples' fear of revenge from Tesla - they've shown they are OK with risking lives on a wide global scale already. Who knows what they would do to someone they personally grudge? What I don't understand is duplicity. That's why I offer my encouragement - he's been involved here and made some extraordinary unbacked claims that lack substantiation, but also recently expressed frustration at not being able to provide backing to those claims. To me that sounds like a request for help I think a lot of people here are probably willing to give. Let's encourage anyone with the ability to back those claims to come forward! If fear of abusive legal retribution is all that is stopping certain people here from doing the right thing, I will contribute to that defense financially and I think a lot of others will too. They deserve our full support and encouragement to step up.

I myself am unafraid to explain the backing behind what I've researched as I try to learn what Tesla did to us and why, and while some people might not have the chemistry background to instantly understand the coolant discussion recently, I've put enough of what I know out there for them to see why the NHTSA is investigating, wht Tesla was OK with those risks, and why there might never have been a fire from coolant. I still put everything here so everyone can learn for themselves. I've never claimed to have inside info or knowledge of exactly what Tesla was looking for when they found something worse instead and if I ever do have information like that, everyone else here will have it too. I will not hold back anything. You all deserve to be safe. You all deserve Tesla to be what it could be at its best. None of you deserve to be made unsafe intentionally.

Last edited:
I got a very interesting sms from Tesla yesterday (Netherlands). I think they also tried to contact me by phone, but I couldn't take the call so I only have the sms.

5 months after raising the complaint about batterygate/chargegate and after Tesla replied the usual 'there is nothing wrong with your battery reply', Tesla is now again asking me to send them the timestamp of my most recent supercharging statement so that they can again 'check' for 'abnormalities'

That is despite the fact that back then an over the air technical analysis took place (with the above response shortly after). Also important to mention, that I sent a mail to the legal department after the response, stating my intentions to claim back my car with legal proceedings, after the pandemic crisis.

I honestly do not buy it and believe it is a trap, in order for Tesla to somehow/somewhat address my complaint, so that my car gets excluded from a potential recall. This is of course just my theory, but a recall maybe coming soon after recent NTSB/NHTSA statements and Tesla is trying to trick me again (like with the famous update) to avoid its obligations. The last thing I would believe after 5 months and a very clear statement that my car is just fine, is that Tesla suddenly wants to do the right thing.

Does your country have a version of our NHTSA? It might be a good idea to submit everything through them just to be thorough.

It's interesting they might be trying to reach you by phone, that's not possible here. I'd be wary of them trying to avoid putting anything in writing. Make sure you document everything if you get the impression they're cutting corners. They can claim anything was said out loud but written words are harder to change after the fact.

Does your country have a version of our NHTSA? It might be a good idea to submit everything through them just to be thorough.

It's interesting they might be trying to reach you by phone, that's not possible here. I'd be wary of them trying to avoid putting anything in writing. Make sure you document everything if you get the impression they're cutting corners. They can claim anything was said out loud but written words are harder to change after the fact.
No high expectations, nor will I accept any kind of mitigation if I hear one. I am curious though to hear what they have to say. I wish I didn't have to get into the twilight zone, with all the wild theories that are running in my head, but it is Tesla we are talking about. Zero trust.

Looks like a refreshed S on fire here?

Warning: Super dramatic music

Instagram
This is interesting for two reasons. As a Coral Gables part-time resident I read all CG news every day. First, this fire is on the CG Fire Department Instagram site but was not reported thus far in any other place. Not the Miami Herald, the Gables Insider (our local substitute for a newspaper that reports on nearly everything that happens in CG) nor anywhere else I know of. Second, for the really unusual thing! Zero mention that out was a Tesla nor has there thus far been histrionics from the 'usual suspects'.

For any lawyers here. What's all that lingo on that last extension. Was today the day they mediate? Can they still extend it? Any idea of when we will know more about this class action?

I'm not a lawyer, but the mediation was scheduled for June 25th and their last extension said that they would submit an update to the court on or before June 29, 2020 which I haven't seen. So they are late.

Looks like a refreshed S on fire here?

Warning: Super dramatic music

Instagram
Fake! if the battery coolant in packs was really used to put fires out in some fire suppression systems this fire would have been instantly out. Think my fire investigation skills says it's arson and an accelerant was used. Specially if these packs were so safely designed not to leak or break with that heavy metal they are incapsulated in.

Edit: deleted last few words that I typed. Guess if I go back to insert other words it messes the whole comment up. Ugh

No smiley faces spear either WTH!