Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 16.2 and 100% is 250, unchanged Remote S reports the same ~76 kwh.

View attachment 420263

That looks good for you. How do you explain this? It would useful to know what battery version you have. Here's a pic of the sticker on my battery (front right side).
IMG_20190617_090335.jpg

Tried to do a 100% charge today. I had to stop it @97% (226 RM) since it was getting super slow, pulling only @3kW and I had to leave. Drove ~25 miles and did some calculation.

Looks like:
@100%, I should be ~233 RM. That's a drop of ~30 miles from pre-2019.16.x SW update.
@100%, I should be ~67 kWh capacity. That's a drop of ~10 kWh, or about ~12%.

On Edit: My battery pack part# is 1014114-00-F

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf and Ulmo
Any idea of the maximum power your battery delivers today?

Sorry, just remembered you’re not seeing the constrained battery capacity....

I'm not see constrained capacity and I have 16.2. Maybe 16.2 is only limiting capacity of certain batteries? Maybe certain battery part #s? or maybe batteries that are showing certain types of wear?

I saw 440 peak on May 27 was the most recent time I Iogged a good peak power run. was near 100 SOC but not fully heated MBP. That was with 16.2 which I installed on May 22.

I'm not see constrained capacity and I have 16.2. Maybe 16.2 is only limiting capacity of certain batteries? Maybe certain battery part #s? or maybe batteries that are showing certain types of wear?

I saw 440 peak on May 27 was the most recent time I Iogged a good peak power run. was near 100 SOC but not fully heated MBP. That was with 16.2 which I installed on May 22.
Makes sense, I saw 442 a few months ago. Need a post modification measurement, have to try to get that.

Gotta say, this 2013 Model S85 owner (102Kmi and climbing) finds this whole thread alarming. :eek:

My car is on 2019.16.2 and I've noticed decreased battery capacity lately though not quite at the rates others are quoting. Gone are the days of 250, 251-mile 100% charges (on delivery day in 2013 it was 267). I think I get 245 now. That's new, just since the software update. Gulp.

Tesla better not be pulling some sort of shenanigans.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and neroden
It seems that Tesla has now integrated DVA in the BMS software in order to dectect higher plating levels for all models with pure graphite anodes?

This measurement is done on first miles after a SuC DC charge. The restrictions will be done in steps until DVA can't detect any irregular plateau level anymore.

Just my 50 cents...

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo and neroden
It seems that Tesla has now integrated DVA in the BMS software in order to dectect higher plating levels for all models with pure graphite anodes?

This measurement is done on first miles after a SuC DC charge. The restrictions will be done in steps until DVA can't detect any irregular plateau level anymore.

Just my 50 cents...

Trouble maker from Germany now posting here?

Just my 50 cents...
This is exactly consistent with my observations. Care to enlighten us as to the source?

bhzmark- have you supercharged?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden