Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mines good in the canadian winters but can no longer do road trips because of batterygate, chargegate and draingate.

Just checked the app, took literally 2 seconds for the car to wake up and respond, it's been sitting idle for a few days and immediately I could check status and turn on heating remotely. Amazing tech.

150,000 km through 8 cold Canadian winters.
60000 km of which were supercharged on road trips.
How did a Californian car company make an EV as good as our S for the winter.

Pretty tasteless posting this in a forum where people are having true issues with their car.
Guys smart electric has been going on about how his is fine for over a year now. In a very insensitive manner, belittling our issues. Either his experience has been excellent or Elon sent him a truck load of Koolaid, I suspect the latter. Maybe belittling others problems makes him feel better, kind of like a jacked up truck with huge tires does for a less than blessed individual. I believe most wish this was 'fud' sure would beat the problems experienced.

Just checked the app, took literally 2 seconds for the car to wake up and respond, it's been sitting idle for a few days and immediately I could check status and turn on heating remotely. Amazing tech.

150,000 km through 8 cold Canadian winters.
60000 km of which were supercharged on road trips.
How did a Californian car company make an EV as good as our S for the winter.

Yeah, Geez people, Batterygate, Chargegate, Draingate, stop complaining. Just because you paid way more, and were supposed to get more, and now only get about what SE paid for, and still gets, and you can't travel with your car anymore. Can't ya all just be happy knowing that SEs car is still doing good. Isn't that what really counts???

Try this, next time you have to travel, get your 180 or so miles in, then supercharge, and do what you normally would, for the first hour, then for the next hour or what ever it takes, just meditate on how happy SE is with his car, that is performing well, that next hour will fly by. That next hour will only feel like, ummm only about 3hrs, probably. Problem solved.

PS and if your MCU isn't working, so what, SEs is doing fine. Don't you feel better now?? You don't have to thank me.

Last edited:
He spends a great deal of time gloating about his unicorn. If Tesla had built more cars like his threads like this wouldn't exist.

Empathy is the ability to understand the feelings and perspectives of others even when you don't share the same experiences. Is there a word for the opposite of empathy?

He was directly asked to offer empathy instead of gloating. This is how he answered it:

Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

I had not updated my firmware on my 2013 P85 since mid 2018, preferring to stay on v8.1 for multiple reasons, battery reductions being one of the primary.
Two weeks ago my car shutdown completely and was towed to the service centre. Of course the first thing they did was to update the car to v10.2.
After getting the car back I hooked up Scan My Tesla, and the nominal full pack shows as 75.4 kWh, exactly the same as I had before the update. So there was no immediate reduction upon updating, meaning that there is probably some analysis going on and some conditions that need to be met to trigger it. I have not tried charging to 100% yet.
I will check regularly going forward and update if/when anything changes.

I had not updated my firmware on my 2013 P85 since mid 2018, preferring to stay on v8.1 for multiple reasons, battery reductions being one of the primary.
Two weeks ago my car shutdown completely and was towed to the service centre. Of course the first thing they did was to update the car to v10.2.
After getting the car back I hooked up Scan My Tesla, and the nominal full pack shows as 75.4 kWh, exactly the same as I had before the update. So there was no immediate reduction upon updating, meaning that there is probably some analysis going on and some conditions that need to be met to trigger it. I have not tried charging to 100% yet.

How about your voltage levels before/after update?

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
Not all cars are capped. Eg. mine (85D) is not. SC speed is reduced, but total capacity is not.

Not all cars are capped. Eg. mine (85D) is not. SC speed is reduced, but total capacity is not.

Correct.

Also based on @Veggen 's feedback, I’ve a suspicion that the latest updates do not cap the cars blindfoldedly anymore and only would take steps to cap if there is a serious issue with the packs. This is contrary to the behavior of the earlier updates. This would also validate the belief that there are still lots of battergated cars waiting to be freed up from the dragnet of 2019.16.x+.

He spends a great deal of time gloating about his unicorn. If Tesla had built more cars like his threads like this wouldn't exist.

Empathy is the ability to understand the feelings and perspectives of others even when you don't share the same experiences. Is there a word for the opposite of empathy?

I would suggest apathy.

Technically could you just not divide his numbers by "96" and get a good estimate of average cell voltage? He seems to get 3.98V at 80% SOC. Of course he should give us the 100% SoC to be sure
Correct, my v8.1 cell voltage at 80% was 3,988V, with an imbalance of 8.5mV.
The last time I fully charged the battery, little over a year ago, it stopped at 99% with average cell voltage 4.187V and imbalance of 14mV.
I will check next time I do a full charge and report back.

Mines good in the canadian winters but can no longer do road trips because of batterygate, chargegate and draingate.

Really, what's your charge profile now? Mine is 110-SOC% from 20%-80% same as new. My car also has phantom drain of 2.5 kWh daily but that doesn't affect road trips because I plug the car in at my destination, even if it's just 120V.

A lot of us with Chargegated cars don't have a profile like that any more. If I try to use a catchall #-SOC% that works at one value it only works at one value and goes into negative Kw at another.

example at 10% I charge at peak 60kw for a few seconds. 70-10=60. But by 50% I'm charging at 40kw. 70-50=20 so it's already broken. By the time I'm at 80% I'm charging at single digits or as high as 15kw but 70-80=not charging by formula.

Your lack of perspective is why you can't even imagine how your questions don't apply. You're mad at Tesla owners for describing the things Tesla did to us. Try feeliny empathy and perspective For the plights of someone else.

We are sorry Tesla's horrible actions made you angry at Tesla but misdirecting your anger at it's victims won't help you feel better. Fix the problem not the blame.

Correct.

Also based on @Veggen 's feedback, I’ve a suspicion that the latest updates do not cap the cars blindfoldedly anymore and only would take steps to cap if there is a serious issue with the packs. This is contrary to the behavior of the earlier updates. This would also validate the belief that there are still lots of battergated cars waiting to be freed up from the dragnet of 2019.16.x+.
Musk should announce uncapping as "increased range for older cars"... it would be shady, a big fat lie, and totally in keeping with Musk's ethos.

Only replied to a FUD posting. This thread is a sad collection of "everyone is experiencing the problem" posts, I am posting periodically to correct that incorrect claim.
Sad collection?
The only thing that's sad here is you thinking it is your duty to come to this forum to try to "correct the incorrect claim".
Plenty of people have shared their experiences where they did not get affected by what's discussed in this forum. But they only shared their experience, and did not try to correct anyone. Many were also empathetic, as community typically is.
I'm glad your car is doing good though, I just wonder if it is a Tesla.