Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A coworker of mine has been talking to GM about getting a buyback for his Bolt. Looks like it’s going to happen.
That would be the easiest thing to do for GM (I'm one of the Bolt affected); However we are finding out that it is not easy to find a comparable EV car!
My Bolt was so cheap (under 25k after tax credits); Comparable Hyundai Kona are not cheap.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
That's just great for the Bolt owners. As you may know, there are bunch of us with no capacity restoration to this date and no resolution in sight.
Have you had any contact with Tesla since the settlement? I wonder what the service centers are saying to those who haven't had any capacity returned since Elon basically said "we were wrong" on twitter.

Reactions: DJRas
Have you had any contact with Tesla since the settlement? I wonder what the service centers are saying to those who haven't had any capacity returned since Elon basically said "we were wrong" on twitter.
This was the response I got back from them after the settlement was announced, and in response to my complaint that I had lost 10 MORE miles in a span of a week and have gotten ZERO restored as they had stated.
"You supercharged too much. Its degredation. Your warrantee expired in March, anyway."
PRIOR to the warrantee expiring, it was "to protect the longevity" and "A future update should restore most if not all", but now its back to being called degredation (sudden).

So Tesla publicly admitted to knowing 21 owners that they nerfed cannot be reversed?
They claimed they had 'no data' on the 21, which is total BS in my case, since I have complained since day one. Now that my warrantee is over, they call it degradation (even though it happened as a result of the update and never got restored) and offer to SELL me a refurbished battery.

They claimed they had 'no data' on the 21, which is total BS in my case, since I have complained since day one. Now that my warrantee is over, they call it degradation (even though it happened as a result of the update and never got restored) and offer to SELL me a refurbished battery.
Do you know what the voltage of your pack/cells are when it is charged to 100%?

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke
So Tesla publicly admitted to knowing 21 owners that they nerfed cannot be reversed?

Yes, they did. Read the settlement agreement. It's in the post# 1. The 21 number comes from Tesla since no one else has that information. They have thrown a very vague classification for the 21 cars calling them the "Vehicles with data unavailable to access". In other words, they can not remove the cap on those 21 cars because the data is not available to access. Well, they have total access to mine 24/7.

Yes, they did. Read the settlement agreement. It's in the post# 1. The 21 number comes from Tesla since no one else has that information. They have thrown a very vague classification for the 21 cars calling them the "Vehicles with data unavailable to access". In other words, they can not remove the cap on those 21 cars because the data is not available to access. Well, they have total access to mine 24/7.
Mine is accessible also and only Tesla will know the vin numbers for those 21 vehicles. It is possible that they are in a salvage yard somewhere. Full disclosure is needed

Mine is accessible also and only Tesla will know the vin numbers for those 21 vehicles. It is possible that they are in a salvage yard somewhere. Full disclosure is needed

A few might be in the salvage category, who knows, but definitely not all, like ours.

It also can mean our still-capped cars are not providing some specific key data they look for in order to uncap. In other words, one might read the "data unavailable to access" as not the car's data itself being non-accessible, but the specific data points (triggers) the software is looking for to uncap are not there (yet)???

Nevertheless, I read the term "Vehicles with data unavailable to access" to be a legal language shackled with ambiguity so that the common man is not capable of understanding and analyzing it.

We need to have access to see if our VIN is included, and if NOT, then let the court know they went back on the settlement (or lied to the court).