Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for confirming. Maybe this would bring some hope for those who believe they should have been included in the class and to have received a check by now.

How were you impacted by the 2019.16 software update and any subsequent corrections later, if I may ask?

I don't pay attention to max range that much, and I rarely charge to full to find out. I charge up to a range 220 rather than an amount.

• Helpful
Reactions: Droschke
In the words of bill gates the problem with batteries is it inability to move from a solid mass to a liquid mass very long, that pesky memory issue.
Nothing at all to do with "inability to move from a solid mass to a liquid mass." And "that pesky memory issue" is non-existent in Li-ion and is only seen in industrial NiCd/NiMH in very limited situations (ie, satellites). What is often called "memory effect" in consumer NiCd/NiMH batteries is really cell damage caused by constant, long-term overcharging.

Lots of non-descript ranting about battery problems, disposal, and two swipes at China from a brand new user. Sure, not suspect at all...

Just wondering out loud if I was hoodwinked into my electric car produced with Chinese stamped out panels. I’ve known new battery technology is not available. Harsh I know but yes a profound reality. I am now faced with with tossing my car with weak batteries that can no longer hold and deliver a charge. In the words of bill gates the problem with batteries is it inability to move from a solid mass to a liquid mass very long, that pesky memory issue. Once again a harsh reality hard learned. So for me pay to remove the unstable battery source and drag my car to the salvage yard. Now how do I get to work, my green method is to ride my bicycle and hope high visibility with reflective will be enough for inattentive drivers looking at their smart device that makes them look stupid not crash into my bike, I hope. Damn when I walk in the wood enjoying the wilderness and I see broken glass or plastic or a tin can I pick it up to place it in the recycle bin that China now refuses to process. So what happens to my little green experience. A Honda Civic 4 cylinder or I know a Porsche GTS twin turbo beast I got to know I tried to believe the marketing hype associated with the electric car misnomer. Building a bigger defective battery is just at best delaying the inevitable a little longer than I have. It’s really not a hard decision just must learn not to believe a wealthy guy selling cars that he won’t say when it stops charging haul to junk yard and please by another one. I miss my 1986 Chevy K30 pick up, the battery in that was simple, I guess I long for a little more simple life style.
Wow, what a big bowl of word salad.

Can you tell me when you got it? Did you have to call the settlement office or anything?
Most people started getting them in September. No, didn't have to call them.

My check arrived today.

I received my settlement check today too.

I received a check today also!

Yes, Tuesday 9/06

I just got a class action settlement check for $625 for this.

Can you tell me when you got it? Did you have to call the settlement office or anything?
I have heard from a few that have not received their settlement check.
I have forwarded their details (VIN and contact information) to the lawyers.
Most people that I personally knew involved have received their payment.

This is one of my personal disappointments with this process that the Tesla known VINs were not directly available to my legal team.

Thats the one that did it. 2022.8.10.6 Id recommend not updating or at least documenting it for personal reasons. Not sure what we would be able to do at point. Since a settlement and well out of warranty.
I have been on 2022.8.10.6 for several weeks. I just installed 2022.8.10.8 yesterday.
I have not seen any related battery interactions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214_083640.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214_083640.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 98
Thats the one that did it. 2022.8.10.6 Id recommend not updating or at least documenting it for personal reasons. Not sure what we would be able to do at point. Since a settlement and well out of warranty.
My post has a typo. It should have read “I've been on 2022.8.10.6 for a while, just had 2022.8.10.8 staged.”

I like @DJRas, I’ve seen no battery issues with 2022.8.10.6.