Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, we see the owners of these models are reporting the impact:

S85D
S85
P85D
P85
S70D
S90D

September 2014 AP1 P85+ w/<50k miles - to date dropped from 253 to 222 @ 100%, 227 to 201 @ 90%. Mobile service diagnosed and told me all is fine, asked if I supercharged a lot and say it's normal degradation. Setup an appointment with service center, but suspect I'll get the same response.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Start the app.

Do the setup stuff in the "spanner" menu, if you've not already configured it, to pick a device etc.

Long press the red "record" button at bottom right and pick "raw log"/"can dump".

So the “Recipe Group” does not filter the parameters in the log file placed in Dropbox?

72A8A4C9-4C9E-43EB-8766-7ACC1F51540B.png

That may still be helpful, I have scan my tesla also. Will it capture all can 3 data, at speed?

The limitations are :

Your OBD2 device (elm327 will drop loads of frames, obdlink won't)
The Bluetooth connectivity with your phone (should be fine)
Phone CPU power and io bandwidth.

If the phone is reasonably modern and high-end, and you have an obdlink dongle, you should be OK.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
September 2014 AP1 P85+ w/<50k miles - to date dropped from 253 to 222 @ 100%, 227 to 201 @ 90%. Mobile service diagnosed and told me all is fine, asked if I supercharged a lot and say it's normal degradation. Setup an appointment with service center, but suspect I'll get the same response.

It's mind bugling that even after the publication of the electrek article quoting the Tesla's response, the Service Centers are still saying this is "normal"!

If they really clipped off the top it's essentially the same as the software limited 70/75 battery. IIRC it was a $2000 upgrade. One could argue Tesla took $2k value away from the affected cars.

People most affected are posting 63 kwh as the new capacity and the new 3.9v maximum is the old 80% charge voltage, so one could point to their monroney sticker to argue tesla took almost the full $10k 85 package away.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and neroden
Have you supercharged since 2019.16.2?

Yes multiple times, just did it right before I posted.

edit: attached is a picture of my battery pack sticker info if its helpful at all.

I found this thread which seems to show it as a different revision which maybe is why Im not experiencing it. The other member posting about not experiencing it either was also a 2016 build date so it's probably related.

New 85 kWh battery capacity and 85D Ludicrous

Attachments

• IMG_4525.jpg
    IMG_4525.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
2013 85 here. Been on 16.2 for awhile. On a long road trip right now Supercharging a lot. Supercharged to 96% yesterday for a long leg.

Still have 71.8 kwh total capacity, 67.8 kwh usable via scan my Tesla.
No change since before the updates but I will never allow software updates in the future if this is what they are doing!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden