Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well what I had in mind (and what i tested) does not need the scanmytesla. You just need to charge to 100%. The regenerative reading on the cluster display (energy) should be flat out. You should get no regenerative braking at all when at 100% and the car should roll without any resistance

speaking of, just noticed on Sunday that yellow dashed lines and yellow triangle for regen showed up during driving at around 60% SOC in 40ish deg F weather. I had already been driving for 30-40mins, and left from charger with about SOC 90%, so battery should have been fully warmed up. Prior to this point on the same drive, regen seemed to operate as expected with no yellow lines or triangle. Yellow lines and triangle showed up multiple times within a few minutes. Then it stopped and operated as expected since then. Most of the trip was downhill, but due to slow traffic i barely saw any positive change in rated miles - one time for 2mi...typically on this trip i would get 2x 4-6mi regen, so it doesn't seem regen system was somehow overloaded.
Never had this happen before. It used to show up only in either cold weather, when battery is not warm, or SOC is over 92%.
Anyone else with this experience?

Well what I had in mind (and what i tested) does not need the scanmytesla. You just need to charge to 100%. The regenerative reading on the cluster display (energy) should be flat out. You should get no regenerative braking at all when at 100% and the car should roll without any resistance

Got it. Thank you.
If i remember correctly last time i charged to 100% i think i had no regen, but i will pay more attention next time.

Just because Tesla writes it doesn't mean it is legally sound. I can write a contract between you and me that says I get to do whatever I want with respect to our contract, in perpetuity, as solely determined by myself. No judge would ever uphold such broad-reaching language. I believe Tesla's warranty language is overly broad and would be struck down by a court of law.

No, they do not. If you trade your car back to Tesla, Tesla strips all of these features from the car so they can charge for them a second time. This includes cars that Tesla takes in trade and sells to other dealers at auction. What you buy from Tesla is not yours, apparently.
I guess you didn't read where I stated that "Tesla Should do those things"

Recently I got an error message at Superchargers 'Unable to DC fast charge'. It happened at different locations and sometimes when I plug in and sometimes in the middle of a charge session. It happened too many times recently to be random. Anyone else getting this message?

Interesting enough, I've received the same message twice now.

Yup, me too, multiple times.

Just to be clear, the message shows up momentarily on the IC, with two warning beeps and it quickly disappears. I was able to re-initiate the supercharging session.

Thanks for feedback. Would you elaborate on your AC/DC charging habit?
Sure. I daily charge to 90% by AC. Only occasionally to 100% if I need it. Only need to supercharge for trips like that one. Such longer trips I take 2-3 times a year. Followed by about 15-20 times a year where I will need a short supercharge session for return trips that are well over 300km.
If I had to guess, more than 80% of the kWh added have been through AC charging.
Wouldn't say I pampered my battery, but I definitely did not abuse it.

Are you sure it has the same range? Have you checked the usable capacity in a way other than the lies the car shows in capped cars? Cause mine is still showing the same typical even after capping. Simple way to find out is the following: charge to 100% and check the regenerative. Mine is at 20kw. It used to be absolute zero before the capping.

On motorway driving at 70mph in the warm I can get the stated range but at the moment in UK I can probably get 190 miles actual. I have 21 inch rims which take some range away.

Sure. I daily charge to 90% by AC. Only occasionally to 100% if I need it. Only need to supercharge for trips like that one. Such longer trips I take 2-3 times a year. Followed by about 15-20 times a year where I will need a short supercharge session for return trips that are well over 300km.
If I had to guess, more than 80% of the kWh added have been through AC charging.
Wouldn't say I pampered my battery, but I definitely did not abuse it.

Thanks. Yours is another example of a failed battery with very little supercharging.

A6006FDC-177B-45C5-A0C2-F811ACF0A9EA.jpeg
Max changing speed is 110kW when I used to get a couple months ago 140kW+ when arriving with 25-30% SOC, I arrived today with 20% and only pulling 110kW max! This sucks! :(

This is at Blaine, Washington SC with a January made 2019 Model S P100D, which I bought in July.

View attachment 510611 Max changing speed is 110kW when I used to get a couple months ago 140kW+ when arriving with 25-30% SOC, I arrived today with 20% and only pulling 110kW max! This sucks! :(

This is at Blaine, Washington SC with a January made 2019 Model S P100D, which I bought in July.

You still should enjoy your "Good Ol' Days" now!

View attachment 510611 Max changing speed is 110kW when I used to get a couple months ago 140kW+ when arriving with 25-30% SOC, I arrived today with 20% and only pulling 110kW max! This sucks! :(

Are you sure your battery was warm? The picture shows you have range mode on, which disables the battery heater.

speaking of, just noticed on Sunday that yellow dashed lines and yellow triangle for regen showed up during driving at around 60% SOC in 40ish deg F weather. I had already been driving for 30-40mins, and left from charger with about SOC 90%, so battery should have been fully warmed up. Prior to this point on the same drive, regen seemed to operate as expected with no yellow lines or triangle. Yellow lines and triangle showed up multiple times within a few minutes. Then it stopped and operated as expected since then. Most of the trip was downhill, but due to slow traffic i barely saw any positive change in rated miles - one time for 2mi...typically on this trip i would get 2x 4-6mi regen, so it doesn't seem regen system was somehow overloaded.
Never had this happen before. It used to show up only in either cold weather, when battery is not warm, or SOC is over 92%.
Anyone else with this experience?
I saw something similar a while ago on trip descending from a mountain pass. After a couple of miles, regen was starting to get limited and the yellow dashed line and triangle appeared. The SOC should have been low enough for normal regen. I just assumed the BMS decided the battery "had enough" and needed "a rest." I never saw it happen since.

I saw something similar a while ago on trip descending from a mountain pass. After a couple of miles, regen was starting to get limited and the yellow dashed line and triangle appeared. The SOC should have been low enough for normal regen. I just assumed the BMS decided the battery "had enough" and needed "a rest." I never saw it happen since.

Driving downhill for about 1/4 mile on a hill with a very steep decline on a warmed up battery and ~50% SOC (capped car) and with full regen, I noticed a regen limit warning popping up once near the bottom on the hill. I've been on this road many times in all seasons but have never experienced this.