Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That area usually doesn't have freeze up until at least mid Nov. I'm talking freezing the ground solid. Running electric lines doesn't require trenching anymore. I guess it all depends how much they want to spend on the installation. It does take some planning to try to make it from Grand Forks, ND to either the Baxter or Clearwater SC stations. Winter will really be challenging. About 260 miles. With a 100kw batt its doable, just takes longer.

Heads up, @BlueShift :

The permit address for the Alexandria, MN USA location is no longer 3181 Evergreen Ln. That site is killed, so probably makes sense to remove that bubble. The new permit is under a prominent Minnesota-based company located on the 4400 block of Hwy 29 in Alexandria, MN. So go ahead and move the bubble :)

Super excited!

Reactions: lightfoot3b
Heads up, @BlueShift :

The permit address for the Alexandria, MN USA location is no longer 3181 Evergreen Ln. That site is killed, so probably makes sense to remove that bubble. The new permit is under a prominent Minnesota-based company located on the 4400 block of Hwy 29 in Alexandria, MN. So go ahead and move the bubble :)

Super excited!
You'd have to provide more proof than a vague address to do that. For now he could just remove the blue dot.

EDIT: It appears he is claiming it will go in at the Target.

And now that I search the Gopher State One database, it looks like the same contractor that was hired at the initial Pilot Gas Station site (3181 Evergreen) subsequently requested a survey at the site 4404 Hwy 29 (sorry, I was being coy earlier) on 4/19/18:

Search and Status

The difference between the Pilot station and the new station (and why I couldn't find it earlier) is that the Pilot station had the "work done for" listed as Tesla, but the new site has the "work done for" listed as themselves (i.e. Design Tree)

And now that I search the Gopher State One database, it looks like the same contractor that was hired at the initial Pilot Gas Station site (3181 Evergreen) subsequently requested a survey at the site 4404 Hwy 29 (sorry, I was being coy earlier) on 4/19/18:

Search and Status

The difference between the Pilot station and the new station (and why I couldn't find it earlier) is that the Pilot station had the "work done for" listed as Tesla, but the new site has the "work done for" listed as themselves (i.e. Design Tree)

Certain it's for Tesla?

Electrify America also has a deal with a "prominent Minnesota-based company".

Certain it's for Tesla?

Electrify America also has a deal with a "prominent Minnesota-based company".

No, I'm not 100% certain of that, but it should be understood that such a finding was not my basis for validating where the new SC is going.

What I was simply stating is that, when searching for possible other locations for Tesla months ago, I was limiting the search based on "Work done for" having "Tesla" in it. While Design Tree could very well (i.e. coincidentally) be doing some other project on that site, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume it's being done for Tesla.

Most of the aging grid is going to have some form of dirty power. Would think SC would have the components to clean up whatever the problem with the supply lines.
The "aging grid" doesn't get dirty power from being old. There can be transmission related noise from triplen harmonics, but a simple remedy for that has been around since the 1950s. Noise generally comes from motors, switch gear and electronic loads in the local neighborhood. Tesla's rectifiers and related equipment are actually some of the "misbehaving" loads. Tesla equipment requires clean power, but dirties it up for the neighbors. A CCS/Chademo nearby will do the same.