Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Anaheim, CA (LIVE 15 May 2019, 14 urban stalls, expansion permit Aug 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Courtesy of a friend

upload_2019-4-23_11-47-23.png

Reactions: Acps110 and mociaf9
Does anyone have experience with charge rates on urban chargers. I have used the ones at the Santa Ana mall and I know they are always limited to 50 kW. I read that they should be able to get around 78 kW. Do you think that it’s just a limitation of the Santa Ana chargers? Has anyone had any different results from urban chargers?

Instead of going to Santa Ana (which is usually broke many times), goto Westminster. They have urban chargers and will give you a better experience.

Of course. Your point was not missed. I did not go looking for the transformer. Will look in the next few days.

There are two concrete pads in your photo. One with yellow posts and one with white posts. At least one of these would appear to be the future location of the transformer. Not sure why one is yellow and the other is white. Is yellow for SCE?

Thanks for the updates! I was just informed that attendants will no longer be at any SC sites throughout the US. This may make Santa Ana even more frantic. I really hope this location comes online soon and it relieves some congestion at the Santa Ana chargers.

Hope it’s not like Fontana, it was almost a year before that site got a transformer. This is a great and much needed location for that area.
Fontana had very specific property related circumstances that prevented the transformer installation. It was not the utility's fault. It was site planning and agreements that caused the delay.