Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ardmore, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Ardmore is online!
IMG_2188.jpeg

Ardmore HAS a new transformer for the new bank of 250's as of yesterday (8-8-23) This is from a local group FB post with picture that I didn't want to steal. The pic shows they were hooking it up yesterday afternoon.

It is not yet functional this morning, but we're WAY closer than before.
Steal from one, it’s plagiarism. Steal from many, it’s research.

We’re all researchers here. Post the picture, give credit to the source.

So glad this one is finally upgraded - it makes a huge difference for getting to the OKC area. Thanks to everyone for all the updates!

@Guacahummus I see that supercharge.info is updated with 18 stalls and 250kW, however no update line shows up on supercharge.info/changes. Since this upgrade was in high demand due to the location between DFW and OKC, I'd argue this upgrade to an existing station is more significant than many new supercharger stations that are opened. I'd be curious to see when these types of upgrades happen at other stations - could an "upgrade" line item type be added to the change section of supercharge.info?

So glad this one is finally upgraded - it makes a huge difference for getting to the OKC area. Thanks to everyone for all the updates!

@Guacahummus I see that supercharge.info is updated with 18 stalls and 250kW, however no update line shows up on supercharge.info/changes. Since this upgrade was in high demand due to the location between DFW and OKC, I'd argue this upgrade to an existing station is more significant than many new supercharger stations that are opened. I'd be curious to see when these types of upgrades happen at other stations - could an "upgrade" line item type be added to the change section of supercharge.info?
I missed the upgraded chargers by one day :-( The Wichita SC was full last Friday. But there really needs to be a couple more locations between Ardmore and Lincoln. The issue is that sometimes the power is out in a Supercharger area. A couple more locations would provide a safety net. For example if Perry goes out (and it's happened to me a couple of times) then it's ~250 miles between Ardmore and either Salina (I've had power be out at Salina) or Abilene. The Superchargers are highly reliable, but the local grids are not.

Reactions: GleanerC