Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it is not V3 because for V3, individual stalls are not paired/shared from one cabinet.

It's not v3 but that's also incorrect. V3 I believe has a 1MW cabinet that serves 4x 250kw pedestals. So it's shared, but it's also not oversubscribed like v2.

I believe v3 doesn't have the side hood/vent it's just a clean block like Powerpack. That's how you tell for sure.

Supercharger SuperGuide | TeslaTap
"The Fremont installation uses two cabinets for 8 stalls. The cabinets are similar in size to those used for Tesla Powerpacks."

outside-v3-cabinet_650.jpg

Last edited:
New photo update on PlugShare. Nothing necessarily to see.View attachment 419002
Agree. Stopped by this afternoon. Nothing new except that concrete forms have been removed, site is tidied up, and construction equipment is gone. No utility transformer, sixth supercharger cabinet still missing, no charging pedestals. No boxed hardware. This site looks temporarily mothballed.

Agree. Stopped by this afternoon. Nothing new except that concrete forms have been removed, site is tidied up, and construction equipment is gone. No utility transformer, sixth supercharger cabinet still missing, no charging pedestals. No boxed hardware. This site looks temporarily mothballed.

UGH. Why do they do this? this company is somewhat crazy. They have to be literally teetering on the brink of extinction. Things change by like the hour it seems yet they steamroll ahead with other things and pull back here and there. It’s weird.

UGH. Why do they do this? this company is somewhat crazy. They have to be literally teetering on the brink of extinction. Things change by like the hour it seems yet they steamroll ahead with other things and pull back here and there. It’s weird.
Chris, I think you're reading way too much into things. If you haven't been reading other TMC threads about current supercharger builds, you might not be aware, but there's currently a shortage of the supercharger pedestals which is affecting multiple sites across the US and Canada (not sure about Europe or Asia/Pacific). With, IIRC, some second-hand info/rumor that the shipment isn't expected until the end of June. So, it shouldn't be surprising to see sites get to the point that this one has reached and then seemingly stop and clean-up. It has nothing to do with Tesla changing plans and everything to do with needed materials availability.

Chris, I think you're reading way too much into things. If you haven't been reading other TMC threads about current supercharger builds, you might not be aware, but there's currently a shortage of the supercharger pedestals which is affecting multiple sites across the US and Canada (not sure about Europe or Asia/Pacific). With, IIRC, some second-hand info/rumor that the shipment isn't expected until the end of June. So, it shouldn't be surprising to see sites get to the point that this one has reached and then seemingly stop and clean-up. It has nothing to do with Tesla changing plans and everything to do with needed materials availability.

That’s right. I forgot about that. Just seems like these projects vary considerably in their completion time but I guess that’s construction for you.

I think it's fair to say that builds stalling out all over the continent due to equipment shortage doesn't have a good look to it. I expect there to be more choke points throughout the summer driving season, especially Labor Day. And if they don't get their act together quickly, there will be more choke points for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.

To say that this is due to a massive impending v3 rollout is just pie in the sky optimism based on Tesla's history.

Reactions: GHammer
I don't think it's due to a massive rollout of v3. I think they just mistimed inventory demand assuming some of these build outs would have been v3 by now so they are scrambling to make an extra run of v2 equipment while v3 is delayed longer than expected.
IMO, more likely they tried to save some money by reducing their on-hand inventory and either they had more sites go into active construction than they were accounting for or they experienced some interruption/delay in their supply which caught them short since they didn't have much buffer. Note, this is not necessarily time related to recently reported cost cutting by the company. They could have had a short inventory for multiple quarters now and just never ended up being pinched.

That’s right. I forgot about that. Just seems like these projects vary considerably in their completion time but I guess that’s construction for you.

Tesla builds their own equipment in Fremont. Thus this is an internal issue either due to direction by the board to delay CapEx or just pure incompetence of the Supercharger Program Manager for starting this site and others (Blaine, WA) without all materials and equipment secured. Both sites are clearly V2 posts. The financial impact on smaller contractors like Blackstone is not easy. I'm sure they'll be requesting a sizable change order from Tesla due to the delays.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Tesla builds their own equipment in Fremont. Thus this is an internal issue either due to direction by the board to delay CapEx or just pure incompetence of the Supercharger Program Manager for starting this site and others (Blaine, WA) without all materials and equipment secured. Both sites are clearly V2 posts. The financial impact on smaller contractors like Blackstone is not easy. I'm sure they'll be requesting a sizable change order from Tesla due to the delays.

I notice someone disagreed with your post lol. Users on this forum as a bit ridiculous ;)

What? No, they don't. And even for the stuff that they do "build" in-house they still have suppliers for the sub-assemblies, parts, and materials, etc. So, a delay/interruption of their supply chain will still result in the same delay in them turning out the end product.

What? No, they don't. And even for the stuff that they do "build" in-house they still have suppliers for the sub-assemblies, parts, and materials, etc. So, a delay/interruption of their supply chain will still result in the same delay in them turning out the end product.

Haha... Tesla builds all of the supercharger cabinets and charge post in house and supplies 90% of all materials and equipment for every site. "I could tell you how I know this but then I'd have to kill you." as the saying goes... ;)

There is only a perceived delay by the public because the current Tesla Installation Program Manger either started the site without material and equipment secured or he was forced to start the site by an incompetent manager above him. The utility is another possible hang up but PSE is pretty easy to work with.

Cheers!