Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First - I can't upload ANY pictures. None. Nada.

Second, posting this in Aulac (to continue the chat about NB) and also the Atlantic Canada thread.

Ok - let's carry on...

Stopped in at the Lincoln NB BiG STOP today. Saw lots of stakes and tape - but was told they are growing grass. Have to say, I don't see any obvious spots there in the main parking lot - the restaurant is just too jammed all the time. They could use the spot on the other side in the trucking area directly behind the NB Power chargers, but think this would be tricky too.

Also - HAHA - I though a school bus was ICE'ing the chargers - but it was charging!

Also stopped at the Oromocto Sobeys area. LOTS of digging there - including the running of what looks to be a new transformer pad by the A&W. This did not interest me as much as the digging at the “Needs” gas station (a Sobeys brand).

Nothing firm here at all of course, but lots of action. And, if I had to select between the Lincoln Big stop and here - this would be the spot. Especially if the Sobeys partnership rumour is true…

If I EVER can upload the pics, I will...

OK - so here is the Lincoln Big Stop - nothing here. (except the bus haha!)
3NB.jpg
4NB.jpg

Attachments

• 5NB.jpg
    5NB.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: PoweredByRain
Needs Convenience seems to be teaming up with NS power, and someone also stated that Sobeys may be linked with Irving, so there might be a Supercharger here

All of those are too deep to be a supercharger setup I think. They only need half a foot or so of depth to bury the conduits, or at least that's all they had at the Aulac site.
Still, worth keeping an eye on.

Well, at least with the slab at the A&W, if it's on a public road and they're excavating to run cable under the road, they'd have to bury it at least 2 feet below the pavement.

(Another entry in the list of "Things I Only Know Because of the Supercharger Network")

Most of the US Superchargers are co-located with a major hotel; a food store; and more than one restaurant. The Big Stops are certainly a Maritime fixture; but not really in the same league. No one at the Lincoln or Hanwell Irvings have any idea about a Tesla addition. Just off the TCH at Hanwell Road is a new Radisson next to the Kingswood Lynx got course and Sam Snead's restaurant. That may also be a contending location.

Most of the US Superchargers are co-located with a major hotel; a food store; and more than one restaurant. The Big Stops are certainly a Maritime fixture; but not really in the same league. No one at the Lincoln or Hanwell Irvings have any idea about a Tesla addition. Just off the TCH at Hanwell Road is a new Radisson next to the Kingswood Lynx got course and Sam Snead's restaurant. That may also be a contending location.

Wouldn't Destination Chargers be better suited for hotels and golf courses since people are typically there longer? Personally I'm thrilled with the Atlantic Canada Superchargers going in at Irving Big Stops..at least so far. Sure there could be more food options but if they were in areas where you could spend all day then people would do exactly that. They will support short stops for long distance travel which is what they are meant for.

This is called "frontier supercharging." You take what you can get.

By the way, there are quite a few superchargers in the US that are at gas stations, truck stops, etc. Think Sheetz, Wawa, Love's, etc. There are also many at grocery stores and then there are places like Lima, MT and Lusk, WY.

Reactions: comeaujo
This is called "frontier supercharging." You take what you can get.

By the way, there are quite a few superchargers in the US that are at gas stations, truck stops, etc. Think Sheetz, Wawa, Love's, etc. There are also many at grocery stores and then there are places like Lima, MT and Lusk, WY.
Meijers

To be fair, the people at the Aulac SC don’t know about it either, and theirs is under construction. :p
A place like a Big Stop is ideal for a supercharger because it’s meant to be a short stop while you fuel up. A hotel is meant for a longer stay.