Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the Birmingham, AL SC - has anyone else noticed that you have to pay to get out of the parking lot, even if you have your parking pass validated at one of the connected restaurants? This has happened to me twice now. It's not a lot of money, but it is annoying since it is supposed to be free. Or at least, that's what I thought it said...

I was there on Monday evening and had my parking validated by one of the restaurants. I paid nothing to exit the lot.

Regarding the Birmingham, AL SC - has anyone else noticed that you have to pay to get out of the parking lot, even if you have your parking pass validated at one of the connected restaurants? This has happened to me twice now. It's not a lot of money, but it is annoying since it is supposed to be free. Or at least, that's what I thought it said...

The instructions state call the 800 number on the exit box for Teslas to be released no charge.

I think its an awkward arrangement.

I used this site Sunday morning, December 18, 2016, and found the gates locked OPEN. Loved it.

Entire Birmingham supercharger is out 1-1-2017. Was up on 12-30-2017.
The site provides voltage, but keeps failing to train. Hands around 10kw, usually dropping and staying at 0kw. Sometimes it makes it up to 50, but immediately falls back to 0 after a few seconds.
Now we're Stranded in Alabama, we needed to drive back to Austin today :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170101-005750.png
    Screenshot_20170101-005750.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20170101-010255.png
    Screenshot_20170101-010255.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 53
The site provides voltage, but keeps failing to train. Hands around 10kw, usually dropping and staying at 0kw. Sometimes it makes it up to 50, but immediately falls back to 0 after a few seconds.

What was Tesla's response/position when you called them to report the problem? Did they give you an estimated down time of the supercharger?

Discouraging to see such a new installation with such serious issues. Wonder if it's Tesla's equipment or the utility company having problems.

I don't understand. If the car is seeing 351 volts available, how is it not accepting any current? One would think that it's the car that is not accepting the charge, not the supercharger that's not providing it. Unless there is something wrong with the charger that is causing it to provide a "dirty" voltage with too much noise, I don't know why the car wouldn't accept it. It's been 45 years since I had a requirement in college to take an elec. engineering course, so I'm far from an expert. But, it just doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone explain how this is happening.

That being said, my thoughts and prayers are with Ampere_90D and hope this gets resolved and that the remainder of 2017 is a happier new Year

Reactions: Ampere_90D