Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - North Third Street (LIVE 14 Sep 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be a very small dent. It just 8 stalls in a very very busy area for electric cars (a hotspot). Its just 8 and out of those 8, 2 located at handicap spots right by the supermarket entrance. That would be a hassle to charge and I sure HOPE NOT but the ICE incidents would be left and right.
I can’t wait to have to make the decision to wait while the empty handicap v3 spot sits empty…

The rate of charge decreases when the ambient temp is high (was >100F in LA area yesterday) for superchargers except V3… combined with a high population of cars seeking charge, the result is a long wait. Hopefully the new chargers in Burbank and Sun Valley help alleviate the issue soon

The rate of charge decreases when the ambient temp is high (was >100F in LA area yesterday) for superchargers except V3… combined with a high population of cars seeking charge, the result is a long wait. Hopefully the new chargers in Burbank and Sun Valley help alleviate the issue soon
With astronomical sales lately, the new mini teeny tiny bitty Burbank charger won't help that much even when the city of Burbank finally pulls its head out of its own arse and does its part to get it done. There needs to be a Goliath, even a gargantuan supercharger building effort, especially in L.A. proper and the Valley, that matches those gargantuan increase in sales figures. 1Q sales were 70% year over year increase from 2021. And that increase has been steady and ain't stoppin.

Reactions: gaswalla
With astronomical sales lately, the new mini teeny tiny bitty Burbank charger won't help that much even when the city of Burbank finally pulls its head out of its own arse and does its part to get it done. There needs to be a Goliath, even a gargantuan supercharger building effort, especially in L.A. proper and the Valley, that matches those gargantuan increase in sales figures. 1Q sales were 70% year over year increase from 2021. And that increase has been steady and ain't stoppin.
The city can’t be bias against one brand of cars. They did roll out a bunch of L2 and other chargers across Burbank. At this point, Burbank has little spaces to take away for charging spots, when they barely have enough for regular parking.

Yes, the problem will get bigger and bigger. And I totally know that is not all on Tesla, the burocracy of cities/handling of permits and stuff adds a lot of delays/drama on bunch of projects. And like @smilepak mentioned, space can be another thing to deal with it. But eventually something will have to be done and at a way faster pace, a huge influx of electric cars not just tesla, but Teslas in specific are flooding the market for which I am absolutely happy but at the same time with don’t have not even remotely close to the amount of chargers needed. And sadly not everyone can charge where the live. The lack of chargers is being experienced nationwide but most noticeable in California and I would say LA Metro which is Tesla’s biggest market I think (correct me if I am wrong)

I would say LA Metro which is Tesla’s biggest market I think (correct me if I am wrong)
I'm pretty sure the Bay Area is denser (by far) in terms of Tesla vehicles per capita... I remember 2013 through 2016, I would take 6-7 trips to Disneyland each year and there was a stark contrast in the number of Teslas we see on the highway and streets compared to in the Bay Area... in Late 2012, 3 of my neighbors within a 1-block radius already had Model Ss (that I knew of)... though I do live in San Carlos, the founding city of Tesla Motors. And there were already ~3-4 Model Ss at work at that time, though, I did work at Stanford off Sand Hill road (the VC capitol) -- the same spot Elon crashed his McLaren F1... And even as early as 2009, I would see almost 1 or 2 Tesla Roadsters everyday... If you look at median income per metro area, you would also notice that the Bay Area is top-of-the-top on that list too, which also contributes to the high concentration of Teslas... Historically, there's also been a politically-liberal leaning among the population of fuel-efficient, hybrid, EV vehicle owners (this may be changing) and the Bay Area is also the top-of-the-top of that list too... Sometimes, when I come to a stop at a random intersection, I would be one of 6 or 7 Tesla vehicles at the light.

But I do want more chargers in Southern California because that is where we travel to the most and charging is always a pain there... just like the traffic....

I'm pretty sure the Bay Area is denser (by far) in terms of Tesla vehicles per capita... I remember 2013 through 2016, I would take 6-7 trips to Disneyland each year and there was a stark contrast in the number of Teslas we see on the highway and streets compared to in the Bay Area... in Late 2012, 3 of my neighbors within a 1-block radius already had Model Ss (that I knew of)... though I do live in San Carlos, the founding city of Tesla Motors. And there were already ~3-4 Model Ss at work at that time, though, I did work at Stanford off Sand Hill road (the VC capitol) -- the same spot Elon crashed his McLaren F1... And even as early as 2009, I would see almost 1 or 2 Tesla Roadsters everyday... If you look at median income per metro area, you would also notice that the Bay Area is top-of-the-top on that list too, which also contributes to the high concentration of Teslas... Historically, there's also been a politically-liberal leaning among the population of fuel-efficient, hybrid, EV vehicle owners (this may be changing) and the Bay Area is also the top-of-the-top of that list too... Sometimes, when I come to a stop at a random intersection, I would be one of 6 or 7 Tesla vehicles at the light.

But I do want more chargers in Southern California because that is where we travel to the most and charging is always a pain there... just like the traffic....
That how LA has gotten lately, you see 10 plus Teslas in a block distance. My friend calls it the invasion of Elon lol. I try to avoid the Superchargers lately because it’s just a wait anywhere, mostly at the now infamous Burbank.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
The city can’t be bias against one brand of cars. They did roll out a bunch of L2 and other chargers across Burbank. At this point, Burbank has little spaces to take away for charging spots, when they barely have enough for regular parking.
That's a diversion. The workers at the San Fernando new v3 charger site said there work would be done in early January, then it's just waiting on the City of Burbank to put in a transformer on the empty cement pad that beckons. The site has sat so long that it's been getting vandalized. It's great that there are a good many L2 chargers spread across town. That doesn't mean they can just stop. In Burbank there are no fast chargers for non-Teslas north of the 5 fwy around San Fernando bully except Tesla. This car disruption to EV's is real. And progressive cities like my Burbank should meet the challenge.

Reactions: rayluis1988
A53A2B48-3A92-445D-8AAD-C568CBE0F9C4.jpeg

Burbank as usual. Came with my best friend, battery was low (24 miles left), preconditioning was activated for the past 15 plus minutes and still charging speeds did not go past 59Kw, full as usual and the line stayed about 10 cars all the time.

Attachments

• 230572D1-2434-49AC-80FA-67A5C3035A9E.jpeg
    230572D1-2434-49AC-80FA-67A5C3035A9E.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Just finished reading it and i dont doubt the dtatements made at all: “Not only is it their largest used Supercharger in California, but it alone has more usage than the entire state of Kentucky,” It is only 20 stalls but the usage thise stalls see on a daily basis is absolutely bananas. The electric equipment there do not get a break at all.
This thing probably uses close to 1,000,000 kWh per month based on the assumption that for 20 hours out of the day this thing is full, which could be realistic. Just to clear up the confusion, this supercharger probably uses more than all superchargers in the state of Kentucky combined, NOT more usage than the entire state of Kentucky. If someone thinks that then they missed a few zeros on their math.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Just finished reading it and i dont doubt the dtatements made at all: “Not only is it their largest used Supercharger in California, but it alone has more usage than the entire state of Kentucky,” It is only 20 stalls but the usage thise stalls see on a daily basis is absolutely bananas. The electric equipment there do not get a break at all.
And people wonder why Tesla is building so many Superchargers in California... Supercharge.info lists ~40 under construction in California, about ~120 in the USA and ~190 Worldwide.

There's another 8-stall V3 site under construction in Burbank and a big 28-stall V3 site in the permitting phase in Burbank which should help this site significantly, not to mention the ~10 others under permit or construction within 15 miles of Burbank.

And people wonder why Tesla is building so many Superchargers in California... Supercharge.info lists ~40 under construction in California, about ~120 in the USA and ~190 Worldwide.

There's another 8-stall V3 site under construction in Burbank and a big 28-stall V3 site in the permitting phase in Burbank which should help this site significantly, not to mention the ~10 others under permit or construction within 15 miles of Burbank.
Totally. And at this point is not only Burbank. The whole Valley is swamped with Teslas and I can pretty sure that tesla got caught by surprise and now they are trying to catch up which will take some hard work, faster speeds in the whole planning/permitting process which involves the cities and power companies. I would say the valley needs at least5 to 10 more stations but spread them out, so there is an even coverage of the valley. We already went past the time of "Teslas are only in the more affluent neighbourhoods" , they are literally everywhere now and that's just going to keep increasing substantially.

This is heartening. I’ve trolled Elon( well they were actually positive) a few times on his favorite platform. Including some long line Burbank charger pics. But i won’t take credit 😂