Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (2525 El Camino Real, permit expired)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was posted in the thread about the 7710 El Camino Real Supercharger location, and I am quoting it here.
There are going to be two Tesla Supercharger locations in the Carlsbad area, both on the same street but 9.4 miles apart.

A) 2525 El Camino Real. The permit was finalized in April (see photo below). It will be located behind the Sears Auto Center on the north side of the Carlsbad Westfield Mall aka The Shoppes at Carlsbad. The area is currently fenced off and there is equipment already inside.
@Matt Pack if that is the case, please provide photos. Thank you for your post.

We need someone to check out the location and confirm that equipment is on site with pics

Don't get your hopes up. The "cordoned off area" has been there forever. It was a staging ground for in-mall construction they were doing, and wasn't specific to Tesla. I've been to this location more than a dozen times, and there never was anything Tesla-specific there.

Basically, don't get your hopes up till you see some Tesla gear.

• Informative
Reactions: gaswalla
Looks like we’re going to have to endure the same agonising gestation, labour and birth process that we did just to get the under-utilized downtown San Diego supercharger up and running.

The opening of the downtown supercharger location was evidently so fraught and so painful that when it finally opened, Tesla planned a grand opening ceremony to congratulate themselves, and even sent one of their bigwigs to make an appearance. Where is that guy now, isn’t it his job to get the ball rolling on these supercharger construction projects?

Looks like we’re going to have to endure the same agonising gestation, labour and birth process that we did just to get the under-utilized downtown San Diego supercharger up and running.

The opening of the downtown supercharger location was evidently so fraught and so painful that when it finally opened, Tesla planned a grand opening ceremony to congratulate themselves, and even sent one of their bigwigs to make an appearance. Where is that guy now, isn’t it his job to get the ball rolling on these supercharger construction projects?

Guess you weren't around for the construction of the Qualcomm supercharger the San Juan Capistrano supercharger. Those were a lot worse than the downtown supercharger, as I remember it.

Anyway, the particular supercharger that is the subject of this thread is probably abandoned. The other Carlsbad supercharger appears to be nearing completion, though.

Guess you weren't around for the construction of the Qualcomm supercharger the San Juan Capistrano supercharger. Those were a lot worse than the downtown supercharger, as I remember it.

Anyway, the particular supercharger that is the subject of this thread is probably abandoned. The other Carlsbad supercharger appears to be nearing completion, though.

No, I wasn't, having become a Tesla owner as recently as early 2017. In my experience the location that standard for supercharger installation is the San Clemente location. No fuss, no muss, and up and running in a matter of two months.

Reactions: X-drvr

Makes you wonder who the true bottleneck villains are

• Love
Reactions: xpilot