Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chemult, OR - US-97 (permit approved Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like action is about to kick off on this one. OneCall just went out today for the job.
Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 6.28.56 PM.png

when I drove through I couldn't even get a hint as to where they would possibly be lmao. just literally dirt, snow and mud
The snow was gone (in the parking lot at least) when I was there, but it did seem like a very strange place for a supercharger. That being said, there aren't many option on this section of highway. The most appropriate would have been the truckstop a few miles down the road, but the lot isn't huge. Hopefully they repave the lot when they install this one!

Reactions: bruce4000
Someone who frequently drives over highway 138 to/from Winston/Roseburg and then either goes east or south this is an ideal spot since you don’t have to drive up to Chemult then drive back down to 138. I also see that there are other companies putting in CCS chargers in Chemult itself so maybe the truck stop was already taken.

When I go over 138 to Roseburg and then have to go up to Sutherland to charge before driving back south to roseburg to hop over to the coast i can say that’s super annoying. Rivian was smart to put their chargers in roseburg which puts them at the closest joining of HWY138/I5/HWY42

According to the Oregon Building website, the permits have not been issued yet for this site. Could be that it hasn't been updated as of last week. Also could just be unloading the units and waiting to properly place them when the site work has been done upon issuance of permits. Only way to know for sure is for someone driving by to get pictures.

Thanks for the pic!

Pedestals look tall enough to be V4?!

Also, this is a different config than V3 prefabs I've seen (pedestals rotated 90 degrees, cabinets at the end instead of the middle).
Looks like it to me. If you look at the uncovered bottoms of the chargers on the right they're on a black sort of pedestal with the end curving up slightly. V3's aren't on black pedestals so I feel fairly confident they're V4's as a result.