Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cooma NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: Onshore
Was part of round 1.. starting October 2022. But I suspect there are delay provisions.
Screenshot_20240217-190734.png

One plugshare user asked specifically about the Evie Tamworth Round 1 chargers and got a response from NSW gov rep that under Round 1 would need to be installed and available for public use by end 2024. But again there may be other delay criteria and site dependant provisions.

Anyone been through Jindy lately?
I was in Jindabyne (and surrounding areas) yesterday. Parked and walked around where the Supercharger is planned/promised to be. Here is what I can tell you:

* The skate park has had a total rebuild, which is nearly complete (landscaping isn't done yet but all the concrete/features seem to be in place from what I could see through the temporary fencing).
* I don't think they would want to have been building the Supercharger while the earthworks/concreting/etc for that were underway.
* There _seems_ to have been trenching dug down the side of the carpark away from the skatepark, around the bottom of it, then back up the side next to the end of the skate park. No idea why, nothing obvious on the surface, but definitely something has been dup up and re-filled there.
* There were 3 trucks and half a dozen guys from "Sea 2 Sky Electrical" (local Jindabyne level 2 sparkies) at the end of the skate park, staring at the ground and pondering. I didn't want to bother them but seemed rather a lot more sparkies than whatever a skate park might need.
* _If_ the parking bays at the end of the skate park - where the dug-out-and-refilled earth is and where the pondering sparkies were yesterday - is where the Supercharger bays are going to be, I don't think it is really a great spot (other than my general misgivings about that carpark overall - with it being ICEd by patrons of the Bowlo and skate park): It is the lowest point in the carpark and was underwater for several months about 18 months ago when Lake Jindabyne was over-full, and the end of the skate park (ie end of the features and general hanging-out-and-watching-your-mates area) is directly above where the chargers would be.

Look it might all be nothing - ie the chargers might be in an entirely different area of the carpark, and the sparkies may have been doing skate park related work - but that's what I saw yesterday anyway.

I checked out the putative Jindabyne SC site at 1 Bay St this morning, and there was zero construction going on, much less anything Supercharger-shaped.

It looks unlikely that they'll have anything ready by the ski season, which is unfortunate, since there are plenty of Teslas flitting about and even on an off-season long weekend the Cooma SC was full.

It is the lowest point in the carpark and was underwater for several months about 18 months ago when Lake Jindabyne was over-full, and the end of the skate park (ie end of the features and general hanging-out-and-watching-your-mates area) is directly above where the chargers would be.

The lake never "overfills". There is a high water mark where the water cannot and will never be higher (unless they raise the Lake Jindabyne Dam wall) - unfortunately development has encroached below the high water mark. One would have thought that development below the high water mark such as Banjo Paterson Park is never a good idea. Some people have opined that the high water mark should be moved lower but the problem is not the high water mark.

It would be a very bad idea if Tesla located the SC below the high water mark which is a permanent datum as per Snowy Hydro

I'm thinking it will be near the public toilets and Livvis Playground. But it should not take over the pedestrian pathways at that section of the carpark (from the carpark to the toilets/playground).

• Informative
Reactions: gazpachopolice