Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranbrook, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. I got a trip to Vancouver from southern Alberta near the end of the month and I would love to take the crownsest highway as opposed to highway 1. I would love to see Fernie, Cranbrook, Creston, and Castlegar to come online as well. fingers crossed
Me too, but I have a feeling they will wait until all utility power is done on the entire route and then commission all at once.

Tesla is on site today with a model Y and gas truck, he wouldn’t say much but the breakers on the main power lines are closed, and looks like they are doing final inspection and he said he’s waiting on the contractor, but couldn’t give me an estimate as to when the power turns on. He said he didn’t wanna make promises he can’t keep. My thought is it should be online soon, as this is typically the last step before power gets turned on.

Attachments

• AE585904-7B98-45A9-A7B2-BF95D16D1B85.jpeg
    AE585904-7B98-45A9-A7B2-BF95D16D1B85.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 113
Tesla is on site today with a model Y and gas truck, he wouldn’t say much but the breakers on the main power lines are closed, and looks like they are doing final inspection and he said he’s waiting on the contractor, but couldn’t give me an estimate as to when the power turns on. He said he didn’t wanna make promises he can’t keep. My thought is it should be online soon, as this is typically the last step before
So I stopped by today and the 2 FLO stations are online and powered up. They cost 0.26 per session, instead of 0.26 per minute which means super cheap charging. The supercharger all have power to them but are disabled. On Thursday when the supercharger tech from tesla was there he was having issues with stall 2C as it was leaking coolant and had a very low reservoir. He said something about waiting on a contractor so we will have to see how long that takes. I can tell it has power cause when I plug my car in, it states “supercharger stall diss abled, try anouther stall.” When before it said nothing. Let’s hope it gets fixed soon!

So I stopped by today and the 2 FLO stations are online and powered up. They cost 0.26 per session, instead of 0.26 per minute which means super cheap charging. The supercharger all have power to them but are disabled. On Thursday when the supercharger tech from tesla was there he was having issues with stall 2C as it was leaking coolant and had a very low reservoir. He said something about waiting on a contractor so we will have to see how long that takes. I can tell it has power cause when I plug my car in, it states “supercharger stall diss abled, try anouther stall.” When before it said nothing. Let’s hope it gets fixed soon!
Is one of the Flo stations DC fast?

26 cents per session lol. That's gotta be a mistake.

FLO/BC Hydro need to stop installing 50kw chargers and calling them DC Fast. Get out of here with that garbage. They need to be 150kw minimum
Building 3x 50kW stations in multiple locations is better than a single 150kW station in one location imo. Petrocan and EC are doing 350kW on the major routes, and as EV sales start to take off, I'm sure the secondary routes will start being infilled with faster chargers.

Reactions: richteer
If the point of 50kwh chargers is for locals or people who are visiting, they should be placed in locations closer to city centres. If they are intended for fast charging when people are travelling long distances highway, then they are behind the times imo. Almost no one wants to charge less than the cars capable of on long journey. They need to be installing 150kwh minimum ccs chargers along these routes to make it feasible for people to road trip in other ev’s. Right now electrify Canada is the best bet for the if going Calgary to Vancouver, and it’s half the price of Tesla right now and up to 350kwh.

Sorry for my ramble. I’m excited for this charger to come online but I’m less excited about the 3-4x price increase at super chargers

If the point of 50kwh chargers is for locals or people who are visiting, they should be placed in locations closer to city centres. If they are intended for fast charging when people are travelling long distances highway, then they are behind the times imo. Almost no one wants to charge less than the cars capable of on long journey. They need to be installing 150kwh minimum ccs chargers along these routes to make it feasible for people to road trip in other ev’s. Right now electrify Canada is the best bet for the if going Calgary to Vancouver, and it’s half the price of Tesla right now and up to 350kwh.

Sorry for my ramble. I’m excited for this charger to come online but I’m less excited about the 3-4x price increase at super chargers
3-4x? My cost for supercharging prior to increase was $0.22/kWh and now afterwards it is $0.49/kWh. Hope they get this and Fernie turned on soon!

3-4x? My cost for supercharging prior to increase was $0.22/kWh and now afterwards it is $0.49/kWh. Hope they get this and Fernie turned on soon!

If you travel through Creston there is a free 50kw charging station (2 ccs & 2 chademo) at Kidd Creek rest area in Kitchener. It’s 20 minutes out of Creston on the cranbrook side and 10 minutes off hwy 95/hwy 3 for those looking for a free charge travelling to/from the US. It’s a nice rest area with normal bathrooms. Hopefully there isn’t any significant power price increases but at least this rest stop will ease the pain.