Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking a road trip to Boston tonight which is 160 miles so I am figuring about 185 RM. I will be in Boston on Sat and returning Sunday. Depending upon what we do up there, I may be close on RMs to return to Auburn. Would rather not stop at Auburn on the way up tonight so I was wondering if anyone knows if the Dedham store allows customer charging on the HPWC or 14-50 outlets for an hour to enable me to continue to Auburn. Are they even open Sunday? Can't wait for the SCs to go online.

I would call them, the 14-50's and the HPWC's are in the 2 "delivery bays"' which are in the showroom (overhead doors are facing the SuperCharger area). not sure what the hours are. other than that,
I have a 14-50 on the outside of my garage in Randolph, and a 75A EVSE in the garage, if I am home. PM me for address, if needed

I would call them, the 14-50's and the HPWC's are in the 2 "delivery bays"' which are in the showroom (overhead doors are facing the SuperCharger area). not sure what the hours are. other than that,
I have a 14-50 on the outside of my garage in Randolph, and a 75A EVSE in the garage, if I am home. PM me for address, if needed

You may also be able to make it to the Natick store on Sunday and get 80A charging there to get the Auburn.
Natick is right on the Mass Pike...

You may also be able to make it to the Natick store on Sunday and get 80A charging there to get the Auburn.
Natick is right on the Mass Pike...
EdA,
Interesting, I was just there yesterday (8/6) taking a test drive and I noticed the charge rate when we plugged in at 39A. Not sure if the demonstration car only had one charger or the wall charger was only a 40A circuit. The Natick Mall is very convenient to route 9 and the Mass Pike.
Chris

EdA,
Interesting, I was just there yesterday (8/6) taking a test drive and I noticed the charge rate when we plugged in at 39A. Not sure if the demonstration car only had one charger or the wall charger was only a 40A circuit. The Natick Mall is very convenient to route 9 and the Mass Pike.
Chris

Neither of our cars have the dual chargers...
But now cars ship from the factory only with single chargers it is an upgrade done at the service center
so it doesn't surprise me that the car was only pulling "40A". If they used the NEMA 14-50 then they'd
only get "40A" as well.

Since this thread is about the Dedham facility, I'd like to comment that sales guys at Dedham (Trevor and Patrick) were very helpful and generous with their time for me as I resolved the final issues on my process to order a 70D in the past 2 weeks or so. This included 2 test drives (85D and 70D) plus Q/A on various topics. They are stretched thin, but still gave great service.

Timing could not have been better. Just awesome. Thanks Tesla.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439124427.185962.jpg

Awesome that this location is online.

I assume they are hosting test drives out of the Dedham as well. I'm closer to the Natick Mall, which is just a showroom, but they do handle test drives.
Any advantage arranging a test drive at Dedham vs Natick?

Experiencing supercharging and seeing the service center.

PS: Woohoo!!!! Learned about the supercharger coming online supercharging at Hookset...
I didn't believe it when someone told me about it but it showed up on the maps!

Awesome that this location is online.

I assume they are hosting test drives out of the Dedham as well. I'm closer to the Natick Mall, which is just a showroom, but they do handle test drives.
Any advantage arranging a test drive at Dedham vs Natick?

Yes, you can take test drives from either location. The roads differ, of course, and possibly the vehicles available. Not sure what there is at Natick, but Dedham had an 85D and possibly a P85D when I had a test drive 2 weeks ago. Dedham had a 70D temporarily but may not have it now (had been borrowed for a while from a NY store, I was told). Natick told me they had no 70s, either, when I asked in mid-July. So check on availability of the configuration you want to test.

Natick uses turnpike and Rte 9 for drives. Those roads are pretty flat and straight. Dedham has access to Rte 1 and I-95. I-95 has some good hills in Dedham area, but construction often makes a mess of traffic, so hard to predict where you might get a better ride. I had 2 good rides at Dedham because I live in area and sales guys generously let me pick my routes.

Dedham has access to Rte 1 and I-95. I-95 has some good hills in Dedham area, but construction often makes a mess of traffic, so hard to predict where you might get a better ride. I had 2 good rides at Dedham because I live in area and sales guys generously let me pick my routes.
In Dedham, though, bear in mind that around 3:30 to 6:30 weekday evenings rush hour is typically a fairly brutal mess on Route 128 (I-95). Don't plan on testing Tesla's speed or acceleration during those hours (give or take another half hour or so).