Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

This is the one in Amarillo
Do you know what the blue sign says? The spot that Jay's in isn't a handicapped spot.

Friends,

We started this TMC Denton thread on 8/14/14, the permit was applied for on 6/10/15, plans were approved on 8/1/15, construction started 10/2/15, completed 10/31/15, final inspection passed on 11/3/15, & it went live last night. We are all excited about having a Grand Opening Celebration in Denton, but marketing is asking us to wait 2 weeks for an official Tesla Grand Opening (email below.) Most of us that have been watching this Denton SC for so long, don't want to wait 2 weeks! I would rather us have our "monthly get together" this Saturday, because more people can attend. We should hold off on a ribbon-cutting (save it for Tesla's function during the week,) but I say we get together this Saturday for our pre-celebration & lunch. People from Cars & Coffee can also join us after their event. Do others agree?

We are working to plan an official supercharger grand opening at this location. Even though the supercharger is already open, we will have to wait a few weeks before we can host an event.

We are looking at the week of 11/16 for a ribbon cutting ceremony in Denton, I’ll keep you all posted as we finalize plans.

Last edited:
Charging currently. There is only one stall working currently (1B) on this side of the box. 1A gives me an error (yellow flashing charge port), 2A and 2B are taped off (see pic). There are also two chargers on the other side of the box that appear to be operational. Nice area though - a ton of stuff to do! (Also, a pic of my personalized plate for the file). Interesting to note that the entire time that I was charging, the door handles were periodically popping out. Never noticed this behavior at other superchargers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Friends,

We started this TMC Denton thread on 8/14/14, the permit was applied for on 6/10/15, plans were approved on 8/1/15, construction started 10/2/15, completed 10/31/15, final inspection passed on 11/3/15, & it went live last night.
I thought the permit was applied for in November of 2014 (see SuperCharger - Denton, Tx - Page 2). Where did the 6/10/2015 date come from?

John