Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to me that it is more likely that any given continent will be able to generate enough non-organic energy in the dark (wind, hydro, nuke) without needing to import it.

This thread has gotten pretty far off-topic. Maybe there is a better place for this discussion.

As I was charging today around 2:30pm a very nice guy from Tesla walked up, asking how long I needed because they were going to turn off power for a bit so they could bring the remaining stalls online. So I assume unless they ran into a problem all 6 stalls should be working now.

Visited the supercharger today and all stalls are working. I found the parking to be a bit tight, but it is manageable. At its peak, I was getting 327 mi/hr (369 V, 278A) in stall 2A. It has been a long wait, but I am glad this Supercharger is finally operational.

Visited the supercharger today and all stalls are working. I found the parking to be a bit tight, but it is manageable. At its peak, I was getting 327 mi/hr (369 V, 278A) in stall 2A. It has been a long wait, but I am glad this Supercharger is finally operational.
That wasn't really a "peak" mi/hr, because the mi/hr charging reported is not instantaneous, it's the average for the session. The kW displayed (369V x 278A) is an instantaneous figure so that number is always more useful. Also when reporting on supercharger power it's helpful to say what your battery state of charge was at the time.

It has been a while since someone posted to this thread.

I visited the Denton Supercharger for the first time yesterday and to be frank I was little disappointed with the parking and the amount of space that was available. I hope Tesla knows that in the near future there should be space to add more stalls.

I am very happy that finally Denton has a supercharger don't get me wrong.

I was there Sat. Dec. 19th checking it out. I had just taken delivery of my S85D that Monday and wanted to try it. Worked as expected. Two other Teslas were there, one was parked but not plugged in, no driver in sight. The other charged, then the driver unplugged and took a nap while still parked in the charging stall. I regard that as kind of strange. I mean, do people park at gas pumps to take a nap? IMO, people need to take care of their business and move on. There are 6 stalls so it wasn't a problem for me, but this could get out of hand. It's not just the ICE drivers that need awareness of charging etiquette.

The biggest problem I had was horrible I35E traffic / accidents / construction.

I was there Sat. Dec. 19th checking it out. I had just taken delivery of my S85D that Monday and wanted to try it. Worked as expected. Two other Teslas were there, one was parked but not plugged in, no driver in sight. The other charged, then the driver unplugged and took a nap while still parked in the charging stall. I regard that as kind of strange. I mean, do people park at gas pumps to take a nap? IMO, people need to take care of their business and move on. There are 6 stalls so it wasn't a problem for me, but this could get out of hand. It's not just the ICE drivers that need awareness of charging etiquette.
On trips I often nap while charging. I don't believe I've ever inconvenienced anyone--however, I'm plugged in charging while I do so. When unplugged I move to a regular parking stall.

The biggest problem I had was horrible I35E traffic / accidents / construction.
What you saw is very atypical. I've never seen either situation at a supercharger in Texas, but I have not been to Denton, just the original five superchargers many times.

Two sun-powered cars enjoying some wind-power in Denton!

575644e025ec05efa7814f3d6f76f1c3.jpg

Stopped by today on my way to Dallas. Nice location, but I almost did not see the two stalls on the other side of the Equipment Enclosure. Decided to pick up a few things in the Shopping Center. Before I knew it (actually 30 min), I had gone from 20% to 80%. Much more than I needed to make it to Dallas, but just in case something happened at my destination, it was great to have some more MegaJoules in the battery.

Please join the North Texas Tesla Electric Vehicle Owners Group along with The Rayzor Ranch Marketplace for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to celebrate the recent opening of the Tesla High Powered Supercharger-Denton, Texas

Saturday, January 30, 2015 10:00 A.M.

Rayzor Ranch Marketplace
2700 West University Drive Denton, TX 76201
(Between Petco and Villa Grande)

More info and discussion: Denton, Texas Supercharger Ribbon Cutting (Saturday, January 30, 2016 @ 10:00am

Please join the North Texas Tesla Electric Vehicle Owners Group along with The Rayzor Ranch Marketplace for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to celebrate the recent opening of the Tesla High Powered Supercharger-Denton, Texas

Saturday, January 30, 2015 10:00 A.M.

Rayzor Ranch Marketplace
2700 West University Drive Denton, TX 76201
(Between Petco and Villa Grande)

More info and discussion: Denton, Texas Supercharger Ribbon Cutting (Saturday, January 30, 2016 @ 10:00am

R U SRS, bruh?

Went the other day to Stall B2 (I believe)?. I'm not sure what's going on with it but it was getting stuck half way into the charge port and wouldn't go all the way in. I checked the charger and my port and everything appeared to be fine/clean (and yes the vehicle was unlocked). I went to a different stall and it plugged all the way in... Just letting anyone else know who may run into that same issue.

Today visited Denton SC. Pedestal 3B is damaged. Looks like someone hit with vehicle. I called Tesla and they said someone is scheduled out on Monday.

Attachments

• F27876B5-C00C-4CCC-8031-7F478E10FFB8.jpeg
    F27876B5-C00C-4CCC-8031-7F478E10FFB8.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 88
  • A0442D84-A152-4A48-8266-6BC1086B2C96.jpeg
    A0442D84-A152-4A48-8266-6BC1086B2C96.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: arcus