Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 238 miles from central LA, that's a bit far for SR+ cars to make it, and too early for long range. Maybe it's designed to be just right for people from the northern bits of LA who leave with 90% to pull in at 10%? It's too close to the SFBA to be the right choice.

I've been waiting for this one to finally be built!. I live in the Sacramento area and have a Model 3 AWD. I always end up stopping at Gustine but there are only 10 chargers and a few are always broken. Now I have another option in case the Gustine charger goes down.

Reactions: israndy
I've been waiting for this one to finally be built!. I live in the Sacramento area and have a Model 3 AWD. I always end up stopping at Gustine but there are only 10 chargers and a few are always broken. Now I have another option in case the Gustine charger goes down.
This is very good spacing for people with LR Model 3's leaving Sacramento and heading for the LA area. Panoche Road is almost the mid-point between Gustine and Harris Ranch.

Hi @eladts, why is there a limit on how many V3 cabinets can be linked? Each has a DC input/output; why can't they just chain up as many as they want. Don't tell me the control software has a 3-bit variable :) Thanks
The maximum stall number of a single V3 installation is 28 (7 linked cabinets, 4 stalls per cabinet). I think this is going to be the first dual maxed out V3 installation. I wonder what the 9 additional EV parking spaces will be.

Ok awesome!

However, 56 stalls and ONLY 1 will work for a CyberTruck that's towing? (and that looks like it's in the RV/Bus parking)

I really hope Tesla has a secret plan for this they haven't revealed otherwise I have no idea why the newest locations like this don't have at least 10% of the stalls that are towing capable. It's not like a solo car can't use a pull-thru site, but a Tesla that's towing has to unhook to use a regular stall. A huge pain and one that will keep many from switching from ICE to Tesla if not solved.

Ok awesome!

However, 56 stalls and ONLY 1 will work for a CyberTruck that's towing? (and that looks like it's in the RV/Bus parking)

I really hope Tesla has a secret plan for this they haven't revealed otherwise I have no idea why the newest locations like this don't have at least 10% of the stalls that are towing capable. It's not like a solo car can't use a pull-thru site, but a Tesla that's towing has to unhook to use a regular stall. A huge pain and one that will keep many from switching from ICE to Tesla if not solved.

According to the attached plan, it looks like the 38 stalls in the middle row are all pull through layout.

OMG, you are right! The plans certainly look that way!

However, from the posted photos, none of those lines look like pull-thru. It's hard to tell what exactly we are looking at from those angles.

I certainly hope you are right that would be amazing!
Possibly, but it’s very likely will waste their money on parking signs in between the stations. I think people with have to drop their trailer at the RV spots

Reactions: kbecks13
Ok awesome!

I am pretty sure Tesla is gonna partner with truck stops for MegaCharging