Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wrote an email to Tesla. Will update if I get a response. Maybe if enough people write it will prod them to start construction or find an alternative site. I note that construction has started at Truth or Consequences, NM fairly quickly after the permit was issued. I also asked when we can expect work to start between El Paso, Tx and Casa Grande, AZ to complete the I10 route.

Reactions: BerTX
Yes, and difficult to see Tesla incurring the cost for two separate supercharging sites to essentially service one location.

Tesla has multiple pairs on toll roads in the North East and restricted highways in other countries.

The ones I can think of in the USA:
Hooksett, NH
Darien, CT
Milford, CT (they also recently added a Milford site off the turnpike at a mall).
Cranbury, NJ/East Brunswick, NJ

If traffic is expected to be light they might just put 2 cabinets each way.

Reactions: nwdiver
Tesla has multiple pairs on toll roads in the North East and restricted highways in other countries.

The ones I can think of in the USA:
Hooksett, NH
Darien, CT
Milford, CT (they also recently added a Milford site off the turnpike at a mall).
Cranbury, NJ/East Brunswick, NJ

If traffic is expected to be light they might just put 2 cabinets each way.
Thanks for enlightening me! Furthest east we've gone with the Model S so far is Mc Allen, TX. Good to see this option is on the table for Tesla.

Response from tesla:

Thank you for your email. Our Developer Team is actively working to build additional charging locations along I-10 this year. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open these sites as quickly as we can. We certainly understand the need for more Supercharger along I-10 and look forward to continue expanding the Supercharger Network.

Thank you for your patience and support in Tesla and our Supercharging technology. Keep checking our website for new site announcements this year!

Best Regards,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

Got this response from Tesla (doesn't say anything concrete):

Thank you for your email. Our Developer Team is actively working to build charging locations along I-10 and in Fort Stockton this year, but are still in the early stages development. Although we cannot predict the exact opening date for this site location, our Developer Team is working hard to open this route as soon as possible.

We certainly understand the need for more Supercharger along I-10 and look forward to continue expanding the Supercharger Network. Thank you for your patience and support in Tesla and our Supercharging technology. Keep checking our website for new site announcements this year!

Even though the letters are from Tesla non-committal, if enough people write about this location perhaps Tesla will put more effort into starting this site. After all, the permit was issued about 220 days ago.

This is a follow-up to my comments a few weeks ago. I spent a week in Alpine and I did install a 14-50r plug in at the alpinewindmillhouse.com This site will be useful to anyone wanting to visit beautiful Big Bend region of Texas. This is a vacation rental home available by the day or week. The historic house is very nice and located just a few blocks from the main down town area. With the over night charging available it opens up several day trips from Alpine. Alpine is 173 miles from Ozona SC and 100 miles from Van Horn SC. We are working on adding the site to plug charge.

TexasEV, there appears to be some issue we are not aware of with respect to Fort Stockton, and while many of us would like to know what the hold up is, I can understand if they don't want to make public the reason. However, as far as we know, there are no permits applied for any site between Casa Grande, AZ and El Paso, TX.

In 2013, I was told that the I40 and I10 routes would be completed in 2014 from the east coast to the west coast. Today, there is about a 388 mile supercharger gap on I10 (between Fort Stockton and Casa Grande) and a 339 mile supercharger gap between Oklahoma City, OK and Little Rock, AK on I40. I've been waiting to make a drive from the east coast to Phoenix, AZ along one of these routes since 2014. I'm currently recovering from chordoma (cancer of the spine in the tailbone region) and would really like to make this trip while I am still able to do so.

Tesla can't tell us anything new until they have concrete information, obviously they don't at the moment, so I can't see how sending a bunch of emails is going to change the response.
I've been tracking the one in Austin and 99% of all the permitting work is done by contractors.
Maybe a local can make an open records request if the data isn't presented online?

• Love
Reactions: bollar
Tesla can't tell us anything new until they have concrete information, obviously they don't at the moment, so I can't see how sending a bunch of emails is going to change the response.
I've been tracking the one in Austin and 99% of all the permitting work is done by contractors.
Maybe a local can make an open records request if the data isn't presented online?
Tesla won't tell us anything new -- or anything at all specific about Supercharger siting or permitting or construction status. They do like their surprises...

Reactions: bollar and Twiglett