Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about an infinite number of Norwegian's in Ft. Stockton taking an infinite number of...

Eventually, a supercharger?
Sadly, that scenario just results in a bunch of oil in 55 million years.

Aka, Norwegian crude.

Aka Black tar Viking sludge...

aka Norwegian poop mountain...

aka The Big Norwegian Port-a-potty.

Is it new that the Tesla site says "Target opening in Summer 2018"?

Fort Stockton.png

Reactions: Chuq
Is it new that the Tesla site says "Target opening in Summer 2018"?

Yes! Just came here to mention that!

All locations (that I can see) are now "Summer 2018" "Fall 2018" or "2019". From looking at the sites in Australia that I'm familiar with, the various "2018" sites have all been changed to these more specific times.

The fact that Tesla select "Summer 2018" for Fort Stockton says something...

I did make a point of mentioning the Fort Stockton malaise directly to the Tesla Supercharger team member who attended (and facilitated from Tesla’s end) the Custer, South Dakota SC grand opening last weekend.

Said team member noted that there’s a new person on the team who handles West Texas and that this person is based in Houston. Whereas the last person was based in Scottsdale.

As an aside, the Custer install was a great example of a strong collaborative effort from an exceptionally effective Chamber of Commerce, a proactive mayor, supportive host property owners, good representation from Tesla, and an excellent contractor/construction crew - the head of whom was both grateful and who loved competing against Big Oil.

See anything missing by comparison at Fort Stockton?

Anyhoo...

It’s spiffy and all that a new SC location wishlist has been published. It means almost nothing. What matters is execution and the velocity thereof.

If metrics were kept and used to justify Tesla SC team hiring and firing, Fort Stockton would have been done long ago. As it stands today, it’s pulling down their average as the worst site execution effort second only perhaps to Santa Barbara.

Reactions: Graffi
If anything, it indicates that there is neither a site selected, a permit pulled, nor a clue handy within 50 miles.

Other than that, it’s Absolutely Fabulous news.
We found that too... all the sites we know of in Canada under construction say will be ready in Summer 2018. Just waiting for validation on another charger to see if this is actually true.

Those are actually NOT the types of Superchargers they use when it concerns a public location (as is the case of Fort Stockton and Pecos) . It is more likely that they use the mobile Superchargers, like the ones they installed in Tejon Ranch or Bathurst, NSW in this case below.
E418926D-5504-4A6B-B9DA-88ACA0C9EF79.jpeg

Thanks. Well, anything is better than NOTHING, and so far Tesla has been promising and NOTHING is what we have.

Why is it that a temporary solution has not been provided? Even having this set up just outside the fence of an electrical sub-station is better than nothing. I would think the electrical utility would be happy to accommodate a new customer like Tesla on a temporary basis.:(

Thanks. Well, anything is better than NOTHING, and so far Tesla has been promising and NOTHING is what we have.

Why is it that a temporary solution has not been provided? Even having this set up just outside the fence of an electrical sub-station is better than nothing. I would think the electrical utility would be happy to accommodate a new customer like Tesla on a temporary basis.:(

A temporary solution likely requires the same effort in approvals and permitting. Plus, the land has to be provided by someone.