Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don’t slap their name at any of the construction sites. Probably to keep the stalkers out.

It's not working :D

Sorta like how there's no Space X logo when they transport the Falcon 9; Gee I wonder what that is.... :D

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 1.56.48 PM.png

Post # 1405 got me thinking. Maybe a number of us drive there to attend, expecting to be able to Supercharge - - - Only to find out that one of the construction permit steps did not get signed off properly and the power is cut until the inspection takes place - - - in one week later.

Agreed that those boxes look like the ones in the Houston thread, but I'm wondering about all of those rolls of conduit. It sure seems like a lot, perhaps the location is quite a distance from the nearest power. Possibly a good location for a semi-SC. Well, we can start a rumor anyway. ;)
The nearest transformer was quite a ways away near the propane tanks. So they could be running conduit (burying it) over to that location.

If this thing ever happens, it may be worth the 9 hour trip out just to celebrate and party with the rest.

You should.

From here, it's going to be, realistically, 2 days x 2 = 4 days + 1 day = 5 days end to end for ye olde soiree. Hopefully with some sort of advance notice. Could probably shave a day off that, but... why.

1100 miles = 22 hours each way. And that's without the dogleg through Midland, presumably.

That's all easy. Selling a week's travel for 1 day in West Texas to my other half will be the entertaining part. However, there are certain things that come along but once, and a Golden Spike ceremony (for the first and only year-round transcontinental delay-free* route (I-10) that does not require snow tires or chains) is one of them.

Looking forward to it.

* Hanging a hard right at Houston into tornado and black ice country was just a complete pita, Even now the up-to-half-day loss each way is not fun.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
They don’t slap their name at any of the construction sites. Probably to keep the stalkers out.
Did anyone else notice the woman on the construction site looking at the camera and thinking, "why the hell is someone photographing me like paparazzi?" She's probably telling her family that some guy in a sedan gave her the chills because he was staring and salivating at a Flying J in Ft. Stockton. Serial killer? Nope, just some dude in an electric car photographing utility crew.

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS