Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thenaimis:
Heck, if ChrisS works there, he might as well get to know the manager. Flying J is likely the busiest establishment in town.
I don't know what ChrisS' business is, but it never hurts to make more contacts.
He did ask about locals, so..................?
Nothing sinister intended, hope that's not the way it was received. Manager has always been pretty upbeat when I talked to him.

ChrisS: any input on destination chargers in Fort Stockton? I keep striking out.
I have a used gen 1 HPWC available for free if it could be installed at your business
or anywhere near (maybe a local friend with a spare 100 amp slot?)
You are welcome to detour to my place in Fort Davis on your travels if you wish - PM me.

nwdiver: buy you a beer next time you're out here? No Hatch beer, but we have Big Bend Brewery.

@Charliemayer

Love Big Bend's Hefe ; )

I don't own a business there, I'm just a worker bee. My place of work doesn't seem interested in the idea yet, but maybe in the future they'll be willing to put in a charger. I currently slow charge on a 110v standard plug over the week I'm there at our apartment.

I will be heading back to Ft. Stockton in a couple days. I'll try to pop in to the Flying J over the week and see what I can find out.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I really want to try out El Cosmico, but Alpine is much bigger.
If a bunch of us turn up it will be entertaining getting power :)
I used the El Cosmico a couple months back. 2 destination chargers, one of which was out of service when I was there. It was also kind of a dump of a dirt parking lot. There is a little shop you can get a drink. A few locally made items for sale.. that was about all I remember.

• Informative
Reactions: GWord
@Charliemayer

Love Big Bend's Hefe ; )

I don't own a business there, I'm just a worker bee. My place of work doesn't seem interested in the idea yet, but maybe in the future they'll be willing to put in a charger. I currently slow charge on a 110v standard plug over the week I'm there at our apartment.

I will be heading back to Ft. Stockton in a couple days. I'll try to pop in to the Flying J over the week and see what I can find out.

Of course now I'm all caught up on the new info.. looks like things are already underway. Thanks to those who posted the pics! I'll be keeping an eye on it every other week. I'll post pics as I can of the progress