Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be finished by Friday the 14th, but how many months in the future will that be? Carlsbad, CA looks finished but it still could take another month or so. Fort Stockton, from these photos, still looks like the early stages of construction. Just saying....

Depends on the permitting process. TX superchargers tend not to linger in the construction phase for long. The Midland SC surprised everyone by cropping up on the map one day.

Reactions: Graffi
It may be finished by Friday the 14th, but how many months in the future will that be?

3, 9 or 17? :)

upload_2018-9-13_20-5-42.png

Debbie Downer here. There was an ugly site in Florida that was completely built except for the transformer and meter, which took several months to get turned on.

[Research ... research...]

Here it is...
Orlando
This one is not typical, but probably next to worst case (not counting Issaquah WA, which started construction, then everything backed out, time passes, then restarted).
If this occurs, we won't pull an Andy Dufrense, we will instead pull a Michael Douglas

p14593_v_v8_ac.jpg

Reactions: Dr. J
Slightly concerned here that sometime between the pedestals with Tesla logos on them will get vandalized between their being put in place and the inspector coming around. Or otherwise very quickly after their installation.

And still somewhat in a state of disbelief that there's even any being built. :)

So the Anti-electric vehicle folks. Someone help me understand this. Is this some form of rage that pickup truck drivers have? Or a niche hate group kind of like people that love to hate gweneth paltrow? I'd doubt this sort of thing normally except the one time I went to the Houston supercharger in the woodlands, some dude took a crap right next to a supercharger and I almost stepped in it. This was the most disgusting thing ever. I am assuming a tesla owner wouldn't do such a thing.

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to have electric hate infatuation if the car was a foreign electric car? I mean, I remember the good ol' days when ignorant a-holes were racist AND wanted things to be built in the USA.... I mean.... what's happened to America?

Two wishes:
1) Roadster gets ordered (black looks really good)
2) It gets here before I am too decrepit to drive her - or for her to drive me.

I think I'll suck up a full charge in Ozona today - don't think FS will be ready by 3:00.

GroundForces: thank you for the updates.

This thread just won't be the same without pics of survey flags desiccating in the West Texas wind.

Interesting, seeing those auto-transformers on the site. These get installed on some sites, just ahead of the rectifier cabinets. The small white boxes that are almost square. Have always been curious why they are only used sometimes; they should all be getting 277/480 V three phase from the local utility.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones