Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaylord MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your silly guess is pretty accurate. In the neighborhood so I stopped by today, and to my surprised there was a white Model S 100D backed up to the chargers! And there was a guy working on the chargers, getting them set up. Plus, they now have numbers. He said everything is set to go, they just need to get "final ok" to turn them on, which should happen in a few days at most. He said to watch when it shows up on the car map. He had driven up from Detroit with a car from the Tesla gallery. I asked him how he was getting back and he said he could activate the chargers to plug in and charge up, then shut them off. So, they are ready to go once Tesla flips the switch.

On the first picture, you can see the number 1B, and in the second his company car, doors open, radio blasting as he worked...

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

... He said everything is set to go, they just need to get "final ok" to turn them on, which should happen in a few days at most....On the first picture, you can see the number 1B, and in the second his company car, doors open, radio blasting as he worked...
View attachment 311274
Thanks much for this. I could use this in the near future to do an IL, MI, Upper MI, WI, IL trip.

Interesting that they don't have the chargers in enclosures. In my 2+ dozen Supercharger stops I don't think I've seen that.

Interesting that they don't have the chargers in enclosures. In my 2+ dozen Supercharger stops I don't think I've seen that.

That's a pretty common thing for many of the new SC's in Michigan. Different municipalities require different things, so Auburn Hills and Lansing do have them behind a fence, but Livonia, Roseville, Big Rapids, Muskegon and now Gaylord do not. I forget what they have in Traverse City and I also forgot to take a picture of that one. Doh.

Looking forward to seeing this one open though. My recent trip here could have been much easier with this SC instead of relying on the slow charger in the parking lot of the nearby hotel.

For the record though, I've definitely used other SCs before they've shown up as active in the car. As long as the lights are on they are usually good to go. It does take Tesla a few days to get them added to the map.

That's a pretty common thing for many of the new SC's in Michigan. Different municipalities require different things, so Auburn Hills and Lansing do have them behind a fence, but Livonia, Roseville, Big Rapids, Muskegon and now Gaylord do not....

The new SC stations in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada are out in the open too. This is a cold and snowy area, but no protective indoor-ness exists around it, except for an upper-crust shopping mall parking locale for the chargers. Ah well, what's a bit of snow to Canucks.

The Tesla website says that this one will be open in Summer 2018 so watch them have it open on June 21st.

Summer starts tomorrow...so I wonder if my silly guess will come true.

Gaylord is now open to the public and live. Happy travels everyone.

You NAILED it, I can't believe it!! FINALLY!!

Excuse me for a moment while I marvel at my predictive powers...

...and now I'll wonder why they don't work for something a bit more financially beneficial...

...but then I'll go back to enjoying the moment. :)

Sweet that this one is finally open. Now the next time I'm in town there I can give all the test rides with all the launches that I want w/o having to spend hours charging back up Main street.

Sweet that this one is finally open. Now the next time I'm in town there I can give all the test rides with all the launches that I want w/o having to spend hours charging back up Main street.

I'm heading to the UP in two weeks. After topping up at Gaylord, will hopefully be able to sample a quick electron slurpee at Mackinaw, which is supposed to be coming online with its Tesla destination chargers by then too.