Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be there Sunday, will take pics.

Thanks for the offer. Hopefully you wont need the Superchargers for your trip. Someone from the Facebook group just drove by and it doesn't appear to have any progress.

10474897_10204146453601171_8657509257361922592_n.jpg

Just went out and took a photo, it's identical to the others above. No progress. However, this is an excellent site, and covers all of the major stuff to do shopping and dining wise on this side of town. Across Woodruff Road is a big shopping area to drop off your wife and then there's a Whole Foods right there as well as Chipotle and lots of other dining options.

New to the forum -- any educated guesses as to whether this site will be live by August 1? Thanks.

Unfortunately there are no more educated guesses for this site. Sites can be completed within 3-5 weeks and unfortunately this site has not been touched in the same amount of time. There is not a lot of work left to be performed but whatever is causing the delay needs to be resolved first.

Drove by last night, still no progress. Let's hope that whatever permit is halting progress gets pushed through soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Genghis Grill is there too. Very fun dining option (build your own stir fry). Also there is a Barnes & Noble across the street with a Starbucks inside.
What I like best about this location is that it shouldn't get ICED because the area where the Superchargers are located is just tucked away to where most people will not see it as a convenient option to park. And for Tesla owner's, it's just around the corner of the building so the walk is no different than parking towards the back of the parking lot, which is typically where most people park if they own a luxury vehicle anyways.

I noticed the same thing this mourning.... The number of installations is definitely slowing down...

I'm not sure how you can say that when Tesla has opened 20 SC stations in the first 15 days of July. I doubt they've EVER opened that many in a 15 day period. And 19 of those were in the first 12 days.

And keep in mind, there may be more sites in the permit phase. It is easily possible that no one has reported them to blueshift and they aren't on the map. He doesn't have an insider at Tesla that tells him where these sites are at. He can only go by what is provided to him by people in the local area. However, keep in mind, there are currently already four on the East coast in the permit stage.

But, I think we have to accept that Tesla has decided to catch up Europe to America in terms of SC coverage. Nonetheless, they still have a ton of SC on the 2014 map. I think you'll start seeing a lot of blue dots and orange cones on the supercharging.info USA map very soon.

I wonder if anyone at Tesla has considered that slowing the rollout of US SC could impact sales. One thing I'm waiting on is for the grid to fill out in the Southeast and NC-Texas-Cali.

I imagine they're OK. I just looked quickly over that the Model S threads and a quick estimate appears to be a June 10 purchase with a September delivery. Sounds like they have enough demand.

Very true, but most businesses want to see a sharply increasing slope of unit sales with new products, especially one that essentially launches the company. Would love to hear a Tesla insider talk about how their manufacturing limitations and position as a product pioneer change their strategic planning in this regard. Maybe the business development guy will address that at TMC Connect.

Man when ground breaking happened on this baby I was really glad I wouldn't have to drive to my brother's house in Charlotte (~230 miles) at a snails pace. Now it is looking like I'll be driving 55 the whole way. Oh well. Going to the Liverpool v. AC Milan exhibition match the first weekend in August.

I'm not sure how you can say that when Tesla has opened 20 SC stations in the first 15 days of July. I doubt they've EVER opened that many in a 15 day period. And 19 of those were in the first 12 days.

And keep in mind, there may be more sites in the permit phase. It is easily possible that no one has reported them to blueshift and they aren't on the map. He doesn't have an insider at Tesla that tells him where these sites are at. He can only go by what is provided to him by people in the local area. However, keep in mind, there are currently already four on the East coast in the permit stage.

But, I think we have to accept that Tesla has decided to catch up Europe to America in terms of SC coverage. Nonetheless, they still have a ton of SC on the 2014 map. I think you'll start seeing a lot of blue dots and orange cones on the supercharging.info USA map very soon.

I think they are doing a good job. July was good, buy June was very low. However, giving the current rate, I see no way they could hit their 2014 goal... There are just not enough in the permit and certainly not enough in the construction phase...

It could change, but that is what I can see...

I think they are doing a good job. July was good, buy June was very low. However, giving the current rate, I see no way they could hit their 2014 goal... There are just not enough in the permit and certainly not enough in the construction phase...

It could change, but that is what I can see...

Meanwhile, Europe has been nearly completely populated with Superchargers. With twice the many "Coming Soon" and nearly 90 in the "2014-2015" tab. Maybe the U.S. isn't moving because most of the effort is going the Europe right now.

Supposedly this location may have been building without a completed permit? Thats what I gather from the update I read on Facebook. Not sure if its true or not.

"I spoke with the City of Greenville Building Department today. When I inquired on its status I was told "The permit has not been finaled for the construction of the charging station, but they are close". That's the best I can offer for now. ."