Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile, Europe has been nearly completely populated with Superchargers. With twice the many "Coming Soon" and nearly 90 in the "2014-2015" tab. Maybe the U.S. isn't moving because most of the effort is going the Europe right now.

The people/teams who work on the Supercharger stations in the US are not the same people/teams who work on the Supercharger stations in Europe. Right?

Does anyone know if Greenville will be finished before the end of August? I drove from Miami to Linville North Carolina and a normal 14 hour trip took me 21 hours because I had to go all the way to Lumberton and then Burlington NC.

With Greenville I can go straight from my home in Linville to Greenville SC then to Santee SC. and then 95 south to Miami.

It is not a SC but I just put an external NEMA 14-50 at my house in Greenville ~2mi from the SC. If anyone needs a charge feel free to stop by, PM for details. In a neighborhood not close to many amenities but 1/4mi off 385. Adding to plugshare next week.

Does anyone know if Greenville will be finished before the end of August? I drove from Miami to Linville North Carolina and a normal 14 hour trip took me 21 hours because I had to go all the way to Lumberton and then Burlington NC.

With Greenville I can go straight from my home in Linville to Greenville SC then to Santee SC. and then 95 south to Miami.

This SC could be done in literally a few days if they ever got back to working on it. Sadly, they did pretty much everything they have up until now in about a week in mid May and its been over 2 months since its been touched since then. Something weird is going on with this location and even though it could be operating this week if they somehow resolved whatever the holdup is, I would not plan a trip with the SC being a necessary stop since it could be like this for months to come given the lack of info as to what is the cause for this delay.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but could the delay have anything to do with BMW's large presence in Greenville? Doubtful I'm sure, but it is an interesting coincidence. I emailed Tesla last week asking about this supercharger site, and the response was that they had encountered some "auxiliary issues" that were in the process of being resolved. They said they were unable to give a precise timeline for completion.

That "auxiliary issues" thing is weird. This site has had lots of coming and goings of businesses and probably investors/owners I wonder if that's related. It's right at a Superfund site (and abandoned factory). Totally just guessing out of thin air, but "auxiliary issues" could mean lots of other things too.

No changes but here are a few photos!
P1010199.JPG
P1010202.JPG
P1010197.JPG
P1010205.JPG
P1010200.JPG
P1010195.JPG
P1010203.JPG
P1010198.JPG
P1010201.JPG
P1010196.JPG
P1010204.JPG

Does anybody recommend a good charging place in Spartanburg? There seemed to be many, unfortunately slow, and I will have to be there for a couple of hours I guess to make it to Santee. I am 260 miles away from Santee and my hope was Greenville to charge.
I am in Linville about 110 miles from Spartanburg and then Spartanburg is about 150 miles away from Santee SC then down I 95 to Miami no problem. Any recommendations maybe Columbia SC ? This is the only challenge part between my cabin in Linville and my home in Miami.

Does anybody recommend a good charging place in Spartanburg? There seemed to be many, unfortunately slow, and I will have to be there for a couple of hours I guess to make it to Santee. I am 260 miles away from Santee and my hope was Greenville to charge.
I am in Linville about 110 miles from Spartanburg and then Spartanburg is about 150 miles away from Santee SC then down I 95 to Miami no problem. Any recommendations maybe Columbia SC ? This is the only challenge part between my cabin in Linville and my home in Miami.

I would stop at magnolia RV park. Right off highway. Friendly owners who have had many Teslas come through.

567 Fairview Church Rd.
Kinards, SC 29355
United States

I also found taking the most direct route (mapquest etc.) saves electricity. Use highway 176 to 6 to cut about 9 miles out of the route if needed.

Last edited:
I was also there looking on Sunday (driving back to Atlanta from Liverpool v AC Milan). Didn't need to charge, I could drive straight through. Shame though I ended with single digits on both ends of my trip. Would be nice to have this when it starts to get a bit cooler, or if it happens to rain.

But nothing has happened at this site for a while now.

WP_20140803_001.jpg

WP_20140803_002.jpg

WP_20140803_003.jpg

While Greenville and other sites in the southeast US are hitting such roadblocks, perhaps Tesla could start the Augusta build?

I have been needing that Augusta charging for, well, going on two years now.
Augusta SC went from one of the first on the map schedule, and the way things are going, its looking like this may slip into 2015!
Come on! Give Augusta a try while others have hit snags!
please?

Thanks for the photos. I have been waiting on this one as it will facilitate the trip from Chicago in a couple of weeks. I didn't realize there were other SC's in limbo status. Boo. I'm sure it will get resolved though!

2013 Model S Rockett

Greenville is really the only site that is having issues like this. Atlanta is just moving slowly but work hasn't stopped like this location.

Greenville is really the only site that is having issues like this. Atlanta is just moving slowly but work hasn't stopped like this location.

Something really strange happened in Greenville. See Supercharger - Greenville, SC - Page 11 for a picture from mid June. Nothing has happened in almost 2 months. On top of that the work just stopped in the middle of a normal install, not waiting for utility hookup, weather issues, or any of the normal delays. It's like the contractor went out of business or the city issued a stop work order.

Wonder what happened?