Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hillsboro, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got a chance to test these superchargers last night. While my M3 was too full (78%) and the battery was too cold to get any decent charge rate, a M3 rolled in (after a massive detour on Hwy 26 in the coast range) with only 2 miles to empty!

They hit 186kW at 772 miles an hour!

So yeah, this fully debunks the concept that these superchargers are somehow limited in any way speed wise.

So also note that four of the twelve are still offline, but I am sure they will get them sorted!

View attachment 607387
I would be SOL with a massive detour, with my 200 miles of range. What caused the detour?

Friday is the charging day, it looks like.
Screenshot_20201113-141620.png

Friday is the charging day, it looks like.
View attachment 608101

Can you say pent up demand?

Need to get those last four chargers online.

I drove to the coast last night and I am glad I charged as soon as I got here. Power went out last night to most of the Northern Coast (transmission line failure). Glad I charged as soon as I got here!!!

I may test the new SC tomorrow on my way home with a warm battery. :)

Interesting. The car nav says only 4 are available with no one charging.
Likewise for me today, both car nav and app were displaying anywhere from 1-4 available, but when I arrived only 2 cars were plugged in. I’ve seen several cars come and go, and as far as I can tell the number only updates when someone (un)plugs one of the chargers in bank 2; banks 1 and 3 seem to be perpetually “taken,” but still functional.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I am here now. All lights are on now. Four cars plugged in spread across the four supercharger cabinets. All appear to be working. The NAV says only three stalls available.

I wonder if their system thinks one pedestal is down and also a full supercharger cabinet. That math adds up.

Also, there is an S here with all the windows seriously fogged up. Seems like it has been here for a long time. Weird. I wonder if they are getting idle fees...

Edit: The concept (above) of it only counting cars in one of the banks makes more sense. They probably have two of the banks marked as down.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mtf16
Eating my words as I had to use it for a bit today. Needed to go to Hood River and back this afternoon. With the heavy winds, consumption was in the high 300s/low 400s with butt warmers only. Round trip left me with 9% when I reached Tanasbourne to charge to get me to 30% or so (enough for rest of the night’s plans).
App and car still report 4/12 avail meaning it was empty when I showed up. A lone new Leaf was using the CP stall.
I did break an all time record for my P85D... initial ramp up went all the way to 122kW. Max I’d ever gotten, even before batterygate, was 117kW. Granted, 122kW literally lasted less than a minute, but still. :)
Quickly tapered down to 100kW, then settled in at 90kW until I unplugged ~15mins later.