Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hollister, CA (Casa De Fruta, LIVE 12 Mar 2018, 20 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live on the Tesla website! And it appears the official name is "Hollister"

upload_2018-3-13_13-6-46.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and bmah
Has anyone actually visited any of the facilities in the last gazillion years?
My wife and I often stop there for a bathroom break if we are passing through while on an all day drive to So Cal or returning home from So Cal. But we have never eaten there. Doesn’t matter, this is a great location for a Supercharger.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo and ACA Man
Hollister? It’ll always be Casa de Supercharger to me. :)

Bruce.

Amen to that, Bruce.

I cannot believe that Tesla assigned the naming of this site to the accounting department. If a company can come up with creative Easter eggs embedded in secret locations, and can devise such fancy terms as ludicrous and maximum plaid, surely the company can avoid the vacuous "Hollister" for this site. I don't care that their policy is to use the zip code for nomenclature. Sometimes you just gotta deviate from the stodgy and the ordinary.

Unlike their engineering imagination and creativity for the falcon wing doors, among other things, a naming of a Supercharger location costs nothing.

Where is the whimsy that Tesla shows now and again?

Live on the Tesla website!
Woohoo!!!!!
And it appears the official name is "Hollister"
Tesla's corporate types are so boneheaded! Hollister! That's the one thing it's not! It's as if they don't actually use them! (This is a slight jab at Elon's latest interview where he called old fasioned corporate types boneheaded.) I happen to like the name Hollister for the town of that name, but that's many traffic jams away from Casa de SuperCharger and Casa de Fruta. Never mind all that ... I'm happy it's open, and it's a wonderful location with many memories, good and bad, as I've already posted.
Hollister? It’ll always be Casa de Supercharger to me. :)

Bruce.
Thank you. Me too :)
My wife and I often stop there for a bathroom break if we are passing through while on an all day drive to So Cal or returning home from So Cal. But we have never eaten there. Doesn’t matter, this is a great location for a Supercharger.
Same with me. I of course try to be polite and buy something I'm interested in. It usually ends up being a bottle of water.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Chuq
Great news! Hopefully just one of several long-awaited in-construction Supercharger sites in our area to come online in the short-term.

So it's Hollister huh? Always be Casa de Supercharger to me too having read this thread for a while now. It just sounds right ;).

Someone should update the thread title now and include Tesla's new name for it.

Reactions: Lloyd
Amen to that, Bruce.

I cannot believe that Tesla assigned the naming of this site to the accounting department. If a company can come up with creative Easter eggs embedded in secret locations, and can devise such fancy terms as ludicrous and maximum plaid, surely the company can avoid the vacuous "Hollister" for this site. I don't care that their policy is to use the zip code for nomenclature. Sometimes you just gotta deviate from the stodgy and the ordinary.

Unlike their engineering imagination and creativity for the falcon wing doors, among other things, a naming of a Supercharger location costs nothing.

Where is the whimsy that Tesla shows now and again?
Tesla used to be better with names. Two of the earliest Superchargers have location names that everyone knows, but is not the city of the location's address.
Tejon Ranch Supercharger - not named Lebec, CA Supercharger
Harris Ranch Supercharger - not named Coalinga, CA Supercharger

Heck, they could even use the road name and call the Hollister Supercharger the Pacheco Pass Highway Supercharger and it would be more descriptive.

Reactions: Ulmo and bmah

The best bathroom break is up the road a bit at the reservoir. Easy on and off, you get a nice view and its never crowded.
Works better in the easterly direction.

• Informative
Reactions: johnr
OK, one of you guys that goes by this location regularly needs to at least make a "Casa de Supercharger" sign and plant it in the ground. Maybe Tesla will get the hint.

Maybe if we could find one of the owners or managers of Casa de Fruta, we could cajole him or her into erecting a couple of directional signs that say Casa de Supercharger. Then, have said owner contact Tesla and politely explain that they have taken it upon their own initiative to rename the charging location.

Reactions: Ulmo and johnr