Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Indio today and took a picture today...hard to tell, but I guess more got done today. Thanks for the tip about an 80A at the Tesla center in Cathedral City.

2014-05-27 18.00.00.jpg
2014-05-27 18.00.55.jpg
2014-05-27 18.01.45.jpg

I was at the battery swap demo and the stage was about 5 feet high so it's possible a battery swap rig could fit within that height.

But we should also consider the possibility that they had 8 guys with power tools, levers and two batteries underneath the stage. :rolleyes:

I was at the battery swap demo and the stage was about 5 feet high so it's possible a battery swap rig could fit within that height.

But we should also consider the possibility that they had 8 guys with power tools, levers and two batteries underneath the stage. :rolleyes:

Tesla recently announced they'll have 11 swap stations across the USA. They'll be fully operational during winter, but between March and November and they'll only be in operation every other week.

Tesla recently announced they'll have 11 swap stations across the USA. They'll be fully operational during winter, but between March and November and they'll only be in operation every other week.

Announced where? There is nothing in the Tesla website blog or press release section about that.

If you read that somewhere other than at Teslamotors.com your source is likely misinformed or very imaginative.

For the newbies (like me out there) I found some demos.

The Tesla Demo.
Official Tesla battery swap demo - HD - YouTube

A close up of the Tesla demo:

Closeup of Tesla Battery Swap (HD) - YouTube

A Japanese Demo, which looks similar in technology:
Battery switch technology demo - YouTube

While I agree it doesn't look like it would need much depth its unknown how much area it will need for storage and it would probably be drive thru...

Are there any updates to the progress in Indio, I won't be there this weekend to shoot any.

Didn't Elon say the first swap station would be on I-5?

Since Tejon Ranch has the solar panel canopy, the battery storage & more room to build a station that would be my best guess.

To get this slightly back on track (Indio Supercharger), is anyone able to go check out Indio this weekend and put up more pictures? Does it look like it is getting close to completion? Any pics etc. about what is nearby for use while we wait?
c
Thanks to all those who take time to keep this forum informed. Tesla Motors CLUB forum is da boss!

To get this slightly back on track (Indio Supercharger), is anyone able to go check out Indio this weekend and put up more pictures? Does it look like it is getting close to completion? Any pics etc. about what is nearby for use while we wait?
c
Thanks to all those who take time to keep this forum informed. Tesla Motors CLUB forum is da boss!

Use Google Earth. Go to the sc address. Switch to street view. "Drive" around. You can see much of what's in the immediate vicinity of the site.

c

It's right next to a Subway, as you can see in a lot of the pictures. There's also a Starbucks right next to that. There's actually quite a bit in the area. I only really need a coffee shop, so having Starbucks there makes me happy enough. :)

Pic looks great. Progress indeed. Many thanks. Looks like. Charging stations installed, much of the heavier electronics/electrics still in crates?

Makes sense -- the charger cabinets themselves (which are still in the crates) have to go on a slab. Looks like they are getting close to having concrete poured. Then the charger cabinets can be installed.

Let's hope there is no delay with the transformer being installed and the site energized (like there was in San Juan Capistrano and Gila Bend...). We depart on our road trip in about 6 weeks -- would much prefer to supercharge in Indio vs a ~4 hour pit stop at Cathedral City... The rest of our trip all supercharger and destination charging -- this is the only supercharger gap that needs to be filled...