Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cottonwood--Apparently you are not familiar with our extreme level of government interference and bureaucracy in California. It takes the same amount of time to build something in California but then you have to add in time waiting for inspectors to come out, reports to be filed, meetings to be scheduled, and telephone calls to be returned.

In Kansas and Utah, the crews are doing the whole install in 3-4 weeks; what takes so long in California?

It's pretty simple to me...If you start construction without all of the permissions in place, then there will most likely be a gap in the different phases of the job while those issues get worked out (and the job will sit unfinished while all of that happens, making it seem like a "slow" job).

If you wait to start construction until things are in order permission and contract-wise, then the steps can be completed fairly quickly...To an observer, it looks like this type of job went "Fast" when in reality all the legwork was done up front before the start of construction...

That's really the only difference I see between a "fast" and a "slow" charging station job...

I'm driving to Yuma Sunday and was really hoping this would be done in time. I guess I'll be driving slowly to the Quartzsite station to be able to make it. EVtripper says it'd take 219 miles at normal speeds to get to Quartzsite from my house. Unfortunately. the return trip is expected to take 277 RM, so it looks like I'll be sitting at the Cathedral City service center for awhile next Saturday.

Photos are from06/18/2014 10:30AM
rotated!
indio one.jpg
indio 2.jpg
indio 3.jpg

Well... I have my fingers and toes crossed... We're going through Indio in mid July and would really prefer to supercharge instead of plugging in at the Cathedral City Service Center for ~4 hours...

Not sure where you are coming from. I drove from Los Angeles to Quartzsite many times without charging. It is pushing it in an 85 but doable even with the AC turned on. From Hawthorne to Quartzsite is 255 miles. It's not fun and you have to stay below 65 for sure. There are a few chargers on the way. Ciriaco Summit has a 80 Amp HPWC, there are several RV parks on the way and there are many L2 chargers along the route.