Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you meant Atascadero, not Paso Robles, since that is no Supercharger at Paso. I was at Atascadero this morning and most of the time over half the stalls were in use.

Pretty cool that Tesla put an employee at Kettleman City today to help anyone having difficulties. Reddit member synrak posted this, quote: “This is the same guy that serviced my S75 back for a stuck door handle in September at the Kettleman City SC. He's prepped to work!

If my memory is right, he's based out of Bakersfield and hangs around the SC usually around the latter half of the week for at least one day.

The tech can also do the odd yeared yearly checkups/servicing for the vehicle while you're supercharging.”
My kind of tech!

I posted in the Barstow thread about how once they expanded to 16 stalls there would never be a line of cars waiting to charge. I offered a free dinner to whomever posted a picture of their car waiting in line to charge. No takers yet.

When this 40 STALL station is complete. If you post a picture of 40 occupied stalls, with your car in line, I will:
1. Buy you a Kobe steak dinner...
2. In Tokyo Japan...
3. After flying you there 1st class...

So go ahead and start posting about how the flood of Model 3's will overwhelm the Supercharger network. And have pleasant dreams of your big dinner in Tokyo.

Fact is, there will never be a line at this Supercharger. And there will be many more of these. Never gonna happen. Physically impossible. End of story. Move along now, someone else is buying you dinner... :p

RT

P.S. Did I mention: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN...
I am at the Kettleman Supercharger right now. 100% full and people waiting. As soon as I can figure out how to upload the pic I just took, I will. I like my steak medium rare. And I’ll take any date in August for my trip. Thanks!
view
IMG_4537.HEIC

Last edited:
The stall at the far left side of the photo is vacant, and there doesn't seem to be a line. But even so, wow! We had a TMC meetup here back in February and that only brought it to about 50% occupancy. It looks like half the cars in this photo are Model 3s.

Reactions: McManX
Having said that I can't see 40 cars in this picture so unless @rpc364 has some other angles I think @RubberToe's bank account is safe :p

Not 100% familiar with the layout but looks like a couple of empty spots:

View attachment 355302
He might have taken the photo a few minutes after arriving and some cars left? Or maybe some slots weren’t functioning? With that many cars a couple slots probably change out every couple minutes.

The picture in Post #807 has at least one empty space in the far row where the backs of the cars are facing the camera.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes ! ! ! ! !

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I will PM my good buddy @rpc364 for the details on how to collect the steak dinner (medium rare !) for having such a good memory of my posting history :eek:

And I will start saving up for those first class tickets too. Good thing I got promoted to head stockboy at Trader Joes, I'll have those tickets lickety split.

RT