Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kill Devil Hills, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering if tesla takes a long time to get someone to come look at their charging station once it goes down as I live in outer banks of North Carolina and I’m sure there are some upset tourist in town as the 8 station stall has been out for around ten days now!! Thought they would of had someone down here by now!!

I'll be heading down for a weeks stay on the 19th of September. Any more recent in-person news on the status of those chargers.

On a secondary note, I'll be coming down from the Maryland suburbs of DC and I'm inclined to go thru the Maryland Eastern shore and over the bridge/tunnel rather than down 95 to avoid the soul destroying traffic possibilities. Any ideas on the course to take?

Thanks

I'll be heading down for a weeks stay on the 19th of September. Any more recent in-person news on the status of those chargers.

On a secondary note, I'll be coming down from the Maryland suburbs of DC and I'm inclined to go thru the Maryland Eastern shore and over the bridge/tunnel rather than down 95 to avoid the soul destroying traffic possibilities. Any ideas on the course to take?

Thanks

The drive down the Eastern Shore is fantastic. I recommend stopping in the little town of Oyster, VA for a great view of the water. Also stop in Kiptopeke State Park just before the bridge. Incredible views, especially at sunrise and sunset.

There are several recent check-ins at the KDH Supercharger on PlugShare, so you should be fine. Also note that there is a new ChargePoint CCS/CHAdeMO station in Avon, NC at the Avon Fishing Pier and Pangea Tavern. :cool: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Thanks
I have gone both ways and will never go down I95 and then 64 again. I go over the Bay Bridge 64 to 168 and the the last leg 158 to 12.

Reactions: scaots

Thanks
The biggest thing to be aware of is the Norfolk supercharger is not very good. It is frequently busy and slow and sometimes very slow. I have seen stalls not work and have had to replug several times before it would charge without stopping after a minute. Only charger I have ever had to wait to use. So if you have to use Norfolk charger plan to spend a little more time (plenty of food nearby) and monitor your charging in case it decides to stop on you.

The Eastern shore is great. I always try to avoid 95 from DC to Frederick and the Norfolk traffic in tunnel (US64) to VAB (though for going to NC I think the bridge (US664) is usually better than the tunnel. Going through the bridge tunnel is fun, and the big toll fee for that is worth it to avoid the traffic. Occasionally there is some traffic on MD50, but not as bad as 95. Also note that there is no supercharger between Salisbury, MD and Norfolk, VA, which is fine but longer than most stretches and there isn't much else between there either.