Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's map is just a hazy vision of what they hope might come. The locations and timelines are completely in dreamland.

Supercharge.info only puts dots up when conclusive proof is found for the supercharger. In this case though 'proof' was mistaken, so the dot should really be taken down.

Ok, it seems like there is the "hazy vision" of Tesla maps, the "conclusive proof" on Supercharge.info, and then ongoing contstruction that isn't listed anywhere. I work in Princeton, NJ and several people have told me about the new Tesla dealership going in behind the Porsche dealer off Route 1. You can see the white building with red accents but there isn't any info about it. I thought it would show up as a destination charger on Tesla's map.

Ok, it seems like there is the "hazy vision" of Tesla maps, the "conclusive proof" on Supercharge.info, and then ongoing contstruction that isn't listed anywhere. I work in Princeton, NJ and several people have told me about the new Tesla dealership going in behind the Porsche dealer off Route 1. You can see the white building with red accents but there isn't any info about it. I thought it would show up as a destination charger on Tesla's map.

Construction is noted on supercharge.info as a construction cone.

The new service center is not going to have superchargers (and therefore not listed on supercharge.info), and is not considered a destination charger either. They'll likely let you charge if you really need to, but that's not what its therefore.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Spoke with a Tesla rep at the KOP Mall this afternoon (8/28/18) and she confirmed Tesla chargers wiuld be put in at the KOP Town Center by the Wegmans. Expected timetable is EOY ‘18 or early ‘19. There are also several Blink chargers by the upper level Nordstrom and Dick’s Sporting Goods entrance.

• Informative
Reactions: gavine and madodel
Spoke with a Tesla rep at the KOP Mall this afternoon (8/28/18) and she confirmed Tesla chargers wiuld be put in at the KOP Town Center by the Wegmans. Expected timetable is EOY ‘18 or early ‘19. There are also several Blink chargers by the upper level Nordstrom and Dick’s Sporting Goods entrance.
That's great news, if it's true. Town Center is probably the most accessible location in the area and is a much better location than at the mall itself. Of course I am pretty skeptical of anything that a Tesla rep says as they seem to typically be less informed than we TMC dwellers.

I have no real insight either, but I will note that there are zero superchargers in PECO's territory, and three right over the border, it seems likely.
During a recent walk encountered a long-time power engineer who finished his career at PECO. He seemed surprised when I pointed out that PECO's territory is a Supercharger "desert." He cited EV / power grid integration research work at University of Delaware. V2G Home .

I have a small update. I stopped by the Tesla store in the KOP mall and talked to a salesman. He confirmed that the new Supercharger location would be in the Wegmans town center but he also said the Orange garage (the original location) would get a bank of 220 outlets too. They're just waiting on the mall to put the new outlets in.

I have a small update. I stopped by the Tesla store in the KOP mall and talked to a salesman. He confirmed that the new Supercharger location would be in the Wegmans town center but he also said the Orange garage (the original location) would get a bank of 220 outlets too. They're just waiting on the mall to put the new outlets in.
I'm guessing that's just based on what he (or someone he works with) read on here. Salesman tend to be the last to find out any new info.