Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lacey, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sister took these around 4:30pm:

9B492888-36D5-4EB6-807D-CF2DE26AEAAB.jpeg
B73A71F7-5891-4519-97CC-D1901DF95584.jpeg

My guess is the transformers are in the white Tesla Energy branded cartons and the SC stalls are in the brown boxes.
Correct, the charging posts are in the brown boxes and the big ones with the white covers are the V3 supercharger cabinets. The supercharger cabinets aren't transformers, though. They're rectifiers, i.e. hardware that changes alternating current electrical input to direct current output (if hardware changes things the other way--DC to AC--it's called an inverter). Transformers just change the voltage not the type of electrical current.

That is the perfect part of the parking lot. Nobody ever parks over there but it's still pretty close to everything, and right between the two lights so plenty of options for getting in and out. The only real annoyance will be that it takes a mile or two of travel to get northbound access to I-5 from that location. You have to go over to Pacific and backtrack, or up to Martin Way and head north for a bit.

If you have a longer SC stop, walk over to Gabi's Olympic Cards and Comics a few blocks away. Best comic shop around. There is also a great taco truck across the street and some interesting food options next to the Fred Meyer. This is going to be a much nicer long stop than Tumwater. I hope at least one of the spots is pull through for trailers as well.

That is the perfect part of the parking lot. Nobody ever parks over there but it's still pretty close to everything, and right between the two lights so plenty of options for getting in and out. The only real annoyance will be that it takes a mile or two of travel to get northbound access to I-5 from that location. You have to go over to Pacific and backtrack, or up to Martin Way and head north for a bit.

If you have a longer SC stop, walk over to Gabi's Olympic Cards and Comics a few blocks away. Best comic shop around. There is also a great taco truck across the street and some interesting food options next to the Fred Meyer. This is going to be a much nicer long stop than Tumwater. I hope at least one of the spots is pull through for trailers as well.
What a blast from the past! Gabi was an acquaintance of mine back in the day. And I think I used to go to Olympic Comics and Cards during my baseball card collecting days when I was a kid. I guess she bought them out at some point? The memories are foggy, but the current location does not look familiar to me. Maybe Olympic was the one in South Sound Mall back then?

• Helpful
Reactions: SR-75
What a blast from the past! Gabi was an acquaintance of mine back in the day. And I think I used to go to Olympic Comics and Cards during my baseball card collecting days when I was a kid. I guess she bought them out at some point? The memories are foggy, but the current location does not look familiar to me. Maybe Olympic was the one in South Sound Mall back then?
This is Gabi's fourth location. In the mall, then in the strip mall, then across the street from the current location. She now owns the building so is staying there for the long haul.