Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA - US-2 (LIVE 30 Oct 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The location isn’t right behind Squirell Tree. It’s about 50 yards back. You can access it by either turning down the road to the West of the gas station or turning in between the gas station and Squirell tree and heading past them. Sorry for the bad pictures but couldn’t get a good angle without getting in the construction people’s way.
IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1769.jpegIMG_1768.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    996.5 KB · Views: 66
Not alwyas the case. For example the Sutherlin, OR Supercharger is missng a stall in the case of ADA access.

View attachment 972304
Yes, but those 3 stalls are not PSU.

@Mrbrock ever seen a PSU with only 3 stalls connected?? The 4th stall seems to be a standalone pull in stall. But the PSU at the far end only has 3 posts on it!
As earl pointed out, very similar to the McDermitt install except it looks like the trailer stall is on the other side of the pull through so not attached to the PSU slab.

If all the underground is done, snow shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Depends if they are waiting on the EV park to be completed. On the map as Q4.
That area gets alot of it though, and most dirt projects get put on hold till spring. Also could this still be a 12 stall or 8 as it sits now? That would delay even more if it’s the former.

That area gets alot of it though, and most dirt projects get put on hold till spring. Also could this still be a 12 stall or 8 as it sits now? That would delay even more if it’s the former.
The electrical inspection I posted mentioned 2 supercharger assemblies so yes. I put in a report to the mods to change it. Doubt they would have dropped off only 2 of the PSU and not any other equipment if they were doing 12 stalls.

What about the "12 charge posts" ? Will there be also 4 additional L2 charging stations?
Could they maybe be doing what Rivian does and future proofing? Adding 8 now with 2 feeders but plans to add 4 more? I could see this becoming a popular towing stop given the nature of the area and route. (Not familiar with this exact location but the area at large). Or is the 12 posts like you said maybe 4 L2s or a misprint on the permit.

Could they maybe be doing what Rivian does and future proofing? Adding 8 now with 2 feeders but plans to add 4 more? I could see this becoming a popular towing stop given the nature of the area and route. (Not familiar with this exact location but the area at large). Or is the 12 posts like you said maybe 4 L2s or a misprint on the permit.
I don't really see this as a good spot for L2s. Leavenworth itself would be much better for L2s. This one is in the middle of nowhere with just 2 small restaurants and a gas station/store nearby.
I will be driving by this area tomorrow and Sunday. I will try to get a good look and take some pictures.

Installing Public L2 Chargers in isolated areas is not very common, as those would be installed generally at groceries or hotels parking lots.

However, I noticed that some Tesla Superchargers are providing additionaly one or two L2 free chargers with a J1772 plug.
I guess just in case someone with a CCS plug get stranded?

But those Tesla L2 plugs are not mentioned on the Tesla/findus website, or the Tesla inside Navigation map,
like other Tesla Destination Chargers but are only reported on sites like ChargePoint or PlugShare by some users.
(See for example this TMC posting #64 and Chargepoint location Tesla L2 and Tesla V2)

Last edited:
Maybe, but the electrical permit is for the current work being done, not the future work so it should say 8 posts. Look at Pasco, the plans have a 4 stall expansion listed but the electrical is only for 8.

Also, if there were 4 L2, those would require another feeder or branch circuit just like the lighting conduit that is listed. There would be a ~100A feeder for the L2 chargers on top,of the 2 600 ones.