Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tunneling seems complete at this site and the transformer is in place. Maybe by Christmas it will be lit up. When that happens it'd be great if you'd make a comment if you recharge here. Just for a few months. It'd be interesting to see how much traffic it gets. If I see lights I'll make sure to post right away. And I'll confirm I can charge so there are no surprises. Anybody else get that anxiety?

Reactions: msksus1
I was hoping this route back to Iowa would be complete this year for Xmas -- but it looks like it won't quite be there.

Even assuming the Lincoln SC goes online, the route on the way back from Ogallala to Denver seems to be quite a gamble in the winter in my S85D.

Oh well -- one more year in the ICE. :(

I was hoping this route back to Iowa would be complete this year for Xmas -- but it looks like it won't quite be there.

Even assuming the Lincoln SC goes online, the route on the way back from Ogallala to Denver seems to be quite a gamble in the winter in my S85D.

Oh well -- one more year in the ICE. :(
Same here. I was hoping to do a loop through Kansas and back through Nebraska. Depending on when I head out, I might be able to reverse the route and go out via I-76 and visit my dad in Nebraska before heading down to Kansas to see the rest of the family. I might have to just do Kansas only this Christmas and then head out to Nebraska as soon as Brush is online.

Out looks like the gap is doable heading from Denver to Ogallala but would be difficult heading the other way.

That is Highly recommended against. You might think you can make it but just tonight another Tesla owner thought he could make it as well. Within miles from the Ogallala exit heading East I saw him on the shoulder getting loaded up onto a tow truck. I believe it was a 85. There are significant winds that far out on I-80 and the winds can be unpredictable. don't chance it. Just wait for the Brush, CO supercharger to come online.

Reactions: David99
The other option would be to head north on 25 through Cheyenne and that should be a much more doable route.

That would be more doable but I cannot stress how strong the winds are in western Nebraska. Anyone who attempts should keep an eye on their energy chart and stay under the speed limit. It can be done but it would require conservative driving. We regularly drive 180 miles in the winter and even with a full charge doing 55mph-60mph we still get to our destination with very little left in the winter time.

Warm weather should make it doable pretty easily but the cold makes it questionable and there are no places between Ogallala and Cheyenne to charge.

Reactions: David99
That is Highly recommended against. You might think you can make it but just tonight another Tesla owner thought he could make it as well. Within miles from the Ogallala exit heading East I saw him on the shoulder getting loaded up onto a tow truck. I believe it was a 85. There are significant winds that far out on I-80 and the winds can be unpredictable. don't chance it. Just wait for the Brush, CO supercharger to come online.
Another possible option that I've considered is taking I-70 to Goodland and then heading north from there. Then again, I'll be seeing my father in Kansas a day or two later so I might just save Nebraska for another trip.

That would be more doable but I cannot stress how strong the winds are in western Nebraska. Anyone who attempts should keep an eye on their energy chart and stay under the speed limit. It can be done but it would require conservative driving. We regularly drive 180 miles in the winter and even with a full charge doing 55mph-60mph we still get to our destination with very little left in the winter time.

Warm weather should make it doable pretty easily but the cold makes it questionable and there are no places between Ogallala and Cheyenne to charge.

Thanks so much for the advice! I won't risk it and take the north route like I used to do many times. You are totally right, wind can make a big difference.

Saw ABC Electric workmen huddled inside the big green cabinet. They had plywood up all around them because of the cold. Not envious--it was nasty. I looks like at least one side of the tunneling is now backfilled. That run goes to the west from the site and must terminate in that building and that section was still open. I think if we had a couple of days of decent weather they could wrap it up. But I don't think Lincoln will do much good without Grand Island in this cold spell.

You can make the trip going the southern route (I-70) or northern route (I-90), but it is further and takes more time. I have used both routes. It will be great to have I-80 done, though, and I think we all agree that will be nice. Good travels, and be careful out there in the cold and wind. (Sometimes it's good to check for level 2 backup if it is a long haul...)

I was just out at the Lincoln site and they are putting paneling up around the control box and AC>DC converters. It looks like everything is filled in so I'm a little more optimistic this will be done before holiday travel. Don't plan on it quite yet but it's quite possible. All's in and ready to go.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Workmen at the site and Lincoln Electric System are reporting that Lincoln's Superchargers are one week away. Sorry..was hoping it could be up for you travelers. If there's any change I'll post it here. Here are the latest pics.
IMG_20161220_151604053_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161220_151620438.jpg
IMG_20161220_151629594.jpg
IMG_20161220_151635226.jpg

Just drove by the site and it appears complete..WITH power meter which I would expect is the last connection. Some people out there chatting with some paperwork. Punch list? Is it still possible it could be open by Christmas? I check it again tomorrow and see if there's any changes. Of course without Grand Island, Lincoln is not that big of a deal.

Reactions: otter