Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
alderct: You must be getting excited about your Dallas delivery on Saturday. Hope all goes well!
My son-in-law will have his M3 delivered in the next few days - just a matter of setting up a time with the truck driver. Its coming from an inspection area in Alabama.

CSFTN: Elon tweeted today there are 1000's of stations in permitting or construction phase. You would think there is some activity going on in Arkansas currently?

Reactions: CSFTN
IMG_8241.JPG

Looking forward to the drive back from Dallas to Hot Springs tomorrow. With the range, I'm looking at a 20 min stop in Texarkana. That really feels like it's getting into comparable territory with ICE vehicles for convenience.

Checking the Plugshare site this morning I see that Electrify America plans to install Chademo and CCS high speed charging at the Wal Marts in Forrest City and Hope, AR. Of course to use the Chademo you need an adapter. Apparently Model 3's can't use the adapter for the Chademo without a software update. Still nothing in the western part of the state. I've been in contact with the city planner in Bentonville. He's not aware of any permits submitted yet but will be looking for potential SC sites and pass them along to Tesla.

Checking the Plugshare site this morning I see that Electrify America plans to install Chademo and CCS high speed charging at the Wal Marts in Forrest City and Hope, AR. Of course to use the Chademo you need an adapter. Apparently Model 3's can't use the adapter for the Chademo without a software update. Still nothing in the western part of the state. I've been in contact with the city planner in Bentonville. He's not aware of any permits submitted yet but will be looking for potential SC sites and pass them along to Tesla.
Don’t hold your breath on timely deployment of those units. I suspect we will see ft Smith or Clarksville with Tesla before then.

Just did this (opposite direction) a couple weeks ago. Lot's of windy, hilly, 2 lane highway. Did it in a X100D with no anxiety. We did have a couple delays due to accidents on the highway between Springfield and Branson. MUCH prettier drive than Memphis to LR or STL to Memphis.

• Love
Reactions: docdailey
Just did this (opposite direction) a couple weeks ago. Lot's of windy, hilly, 2 lane highway. Did it in a X100D with no anxiety. We did have a couple delays due to accidents on the highway between Springfield and Branson. MUCH prettier drive than Memphis to LR or STL to Memphis.

Ok. We are just south of Memphis now. Will eat at central BBQ an dhead to LR to shoot the gap there. Appreciate the insight.

Bill

Has anyone taken the trip from Little Rock to Springfield Missouri via Branson? Heading that way today after stopping in Memphis. It looks like it may be some tight.

I have an S100d
Yes. I have a S100D and have done that trip. It is no problem.

I have actually made the trip straight from Memphis supercharger to Springfield in warm weather, it was 293 miles to my house and made it fine, it is about 15 miles further to the Springfield supercharger. I just watched my usage. I did have the luxury of going from Springfield to Memphis first and could have gone out of the way to Miner, MO supercharger if needed but didn't need it and knew I could make it back.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: docdailey
Has anyone taken the trip from Little Rock to Springfield Missouri via Branson? Heading that way today after stopping in Memphis. It looks like it may be some tight.

I have an S100d
You have the right car and the right time of year so you should be fine. Just be sure to charge to 98+% and keep an eye on your usage just in case, but I doubt you'll even need to slow down.

The only thing that could derail you is a torrential downpour (reduces traction and temperature and could force you to use defrost) or a major detour caused by construction or an accident.

Will check that out. Heading to fort Walton beach. Brilliant! 181 miles. That is what I will do. Thanks a bunch!

I'll add that the LR charger seems to be running slow right now. We couldn't find a stall that would stay much over 60kW. While not terrible, it will extend your charging time there. Other PlugShare checkins report the same. You're probably better coming in to LR with more charge.

I'll add that the LR charger seems to be running slow right now. We couldn't find a stall that would stay much over 60kW. While not terrible, it will extend your charging time there. Other PlugShare checkins report the same. You're probably better coming in to LR with more charge.
My wife and I are in Maumelle, AR, (a suburb just north of Little Rock) for the holiday, and we just got back from visiting the LR Supercharger...and it topped out at 42kW with our battery at 50-60% charge when we started. It never budged from ~40kW. There was no one else at the Superchargers.

We tried 4 of the 10 (?) stalls, and they all behaved identically, with 40kW max output, aside from a couple of seconds where it flickered at 41/42kW before dropping back down to 40kW.

We actually called Tesla service from the car to report the issue, and the Tesla rep on the phone (I *think* his name might've been "Paul", but I'm not very confident on that) made excuse after excuse about why that was normal. "Your battery is way too cold." It wasn't. "Your battery is at 80% charge." It was only a touch over half-charged. Once we got him to look at the right car...since he was undoubtedly looking at my wife's father's Model X, since my father-in-law had added my wife to his account rather than our Model S...he repeated the same excuses.

I then asked him if there were any notes that had been logged recently about this location, and he said there were none. When I politely pointed out that while our charge rate might not be optimal due to the reasons he cited (despite the fact that I was quite confident that they were not related), I mentioned that I had read the above post (I didn't mention any usernames) so I knew there were numerous other users who were reporting this issue in LR, so he might want to make a note to have someone run a diagnostic of the location's metrics, he very curtly said, "Sure, I'll do that." And then he hung up on us.

Which was extremely disappointing as we were being very calm and polite at 1 in the morning despite his proffering one lame excuse after another rather than taking us seriously or even bothering to at least officially log it as an issue.

So perhaps if a couple more folks called the support line (1-877-79TESLA, or 1-877-798-3752) and they get someone other than the guy who was clearly just trying to get us off the phone with him, perhaps they'll take them seriously enough to actually log it and have someone check it out.

Because as the only freaking Supercharger in the entire damn state, it's kind of an important one. :mad:

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy