TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Bet TSLA, Dec 4, 2016.

1. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

I don't know if we got lucky or if they fixed it, but our Saturday afternoon stop turned out fine. Crazy.

2. CarlA

CarlA Member

Looks like our Arkansas superchargers scheduled for 2018 have been pushed to 2019 on the Tesla website. Maybe they'll be the v.3 type superchargers.

3. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Given that it's December 28th and nothing is under construction, this would seem prudent!

• Funny x 1
  4. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Member

I think it's a combo of that and awaiting the final design of the Semi charger as Arkansas is a big trucking route. Plus the one in Bentonville is clearly aimed at Walmart....

5. Effopec

Effopec Member

I really wish they'd get moving on either the Forrest City or Blythville locations. I commonly drive 40E to 55N and right now you can't do it without going out of the way to east Memphis, or hitting up a level 2 somewhere.

• Like x 1
  6. CarlA

CarlA Member

It's been reported on the AR EV Owners Facebook page from a reliable source that a Tesla showroom will open in LR in the next six months. If this happens maybe a service center and more superchargers will follow.

7. ggies07

ggies07 Supporting Member

Interesting....thanks for the info. Does it say anything about when they Superchargers might be open? What is the status? We might be taking a trip to Cookeville, TN in March and it would be less stressful if they were open on the part of the highway.....

8. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

You're being way too optimistic to even consider the possibility of this all being complete by March. If I could go lower than 0% probability, I would.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  9. RedModel3

RedModel3 Member

So, are there now functioning superchargers in Little Rock?

10. thx1139

thx1139 Member

For about 2 years now. Just nowhere else in Arkansas. It is a hassle to come from the north to Little Rock. Visit from Illinois and need to go 20+ miles east to SC east of Memphis then back 20+ miles to continue on our way.

11. DurandalAI

DurandalAI Member

It would have been much better for the SuperChargers to be placed directly off of I-40 instead of where it is, off of I-30. I suspect it was a matter of what retailer was willing to sponsor the location. Similar in my opinion how the Superchargers in Memphis is inconveniently located in relation to the interchanges. The one in Memphis would have been best if it were on the west side of Memphis, or in West Memphis, allowing those who are traveling North on 55 to not have to take a 30 minute detour. As such, we typically avoid the I-40 route when heading north and instead go straight up to Miner, MO which is a stretch, requiring us to drive slower than 70mph.