Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been reported on the AR EV Owners Facebook page from a reliable source that a Tesla showroom will open in LR in the next six months. If this happens maybe a service center and more superchargers will follow.
Interesting....thanks for the info. Does it say anything about when they Superchargers might be open? What is the status? We might be taking a trip to Cookeville, TN in March and it would be less stressful if they were open on the part of the highway.....

Interesting....thanks for the info. Does it say anything about when they Superchargers might be open? What is the status? We might be taking a trip to Cookeville, TN in March and it would be less stressful if they were open on the part of the highway.....
You're being way too optimistic to even consider the possibility of this all being complete by March. If I could go lower than 0% probability, I would.

For about 2 years now. Just nowhere else in Arkansas. It is a hassle to come from the north to Little Rock. Visit from Illinois and need to go 20+ miles east to SC east of Memphis then back 20+ miles to continue on our way.
It would have been much better for the SuperChargers to be placed directly off of I-40 instead of where it is, off of I-30. I suspect it was a matter of what retailer was willing to sponsor the location. Similar in my opinion how the Superchargers in Memphis is inconveniently located in relation to the interchanges. The one in Memphis would have been best if it were on the west side of Memphis, or in West Memphis, allowing those who are traveling North on 55 to not have to take a 30 minute detour. As such, we typically avoid the I-40 route when heading north and instead go straight up to Miner, MO which is a stretch, requiring us to drive slower than 70mph.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
You're being way too optimistic to even consider the possibility of this all being complete by March. If I could go lower than 0% probability, I would.
Yes, Rocky definitely agree. For people that might be new here or not watching it over time, I've been looking at that I40 route for 3 years and I completely avoid that route due to lack of superchargers. I mean come on, one active supercharger for the whole state? I do at least 2 coast to coast trips a year and from what I have seen, Tesla has said there would be more supercharges in this state since 2016, then postponed to 2017, then again to 2018, and now folks really think it will happen in 2019? Based on prior schedules, I wouldn't bet any money on it, but once a could go into the I40 route, I will start taking it. All this speculation in this thread about why the delay is just completely wrong.

I just don't understand that one of the busiest east west interstate routes doesn't even have SCs close enough that I can get through there even with a 100 kWh car.

Reactions: DurandalAI
Finished a 3303 mile road trip to Wisconsin yesterday. Only hiccup was in Little Rock on the way back to Houston - 1 charger in use, 9 chargers ICEd.

IMG_2078.jpg IMG_2079.jpg IMG_2081.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'd attribute it to apathy, not illiteracy.

This is the drawback of putting the chargers in the parking lot of a Bass Pro Shop / Shopping mall. They obviously had a traffic surge to take advantage of the sales tax holiday, and the Tesla chargers getting ICEd was the unfortunate result.
yes, I agree. I was saying it as more of a joke than anything else. ;)