Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new law facilitates proprietary EV chargers like ChargePoint, EVGo, and others. With Tesla's shift to charging for S/X owners after the initial allotment, it would benefit them as well. The current law is the reason the ChargePoint installations in Little Rock (Clinton Center, UAMS, UA-Little Rock, etc.) were all installed by Entergy under a grant program a few years back--and it's also the reason you don't have to pay to use them. So expect the potential for new chargers to require payment, but I hope that makes additional Level 3 options viable.

I concur with ahurst post above. With a 6 figure (or nearly so) cost for most Tesla models, it's unimaginable that there isn't a SC in LIT and Ft. Smith. I have to rent a car to go from Dallas to Memphis or OKC to MEM?? Or, spend hours waiting to re-charge in the desert of AR. Better call Hertz and make a reservation as well as explain to friends in MEM as to where my new Tesla is. Hopefully the SC people will be responsive ASAP.

Please see the response just received.... I can't find "under construction" on the Tesla web site or supercharge.info

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for your email. The Little Rock, AR Supercharger Station is still under construction. We are actively working to open this site and hope to have the station fully operational soon as soon as possible. We are certainly committed and excited to expanding our the Supercharger network throughout the state of Arkansas.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support for Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

But Tesla only recently required payment...most of the life of supercharging has been free...they could and should have already had a SC in Arkansas just like ChargePoint has.
Supercharging has always been pre-paid, not free -- either as an explicitly paid option or included in the price of certain trim lines.

From the text of the amendment, I presume that current Arkansas code suggests Tesla could be held to be a regulated utility if they provided Supercharging -- either explicitly or as a "gray area" -- and I doubt that they have any interest in operating as a regulated utility. Under the circumstances, it makes perfect sense for Tesla to hold off on constructing their charging infrastructure until they can get the law amended.

Still doesn't explain why it isn't listed as being under construction.

Latest reply - as of this morning - my bold emphasis added:

Hello xxxx

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support.

We apologize for the discrepancy regarding the Little Rock Supercharging station. Our team here at customer support generally does not have details of planned Supercharging stations and receive the notification of new stations once the public does. It appears that the other communication came directly from our supercharging team which may have details we are not aware of. In this instance I would have to defer to the Supercharging Teams response as the most accurate.

As requested I have forwarded your request to our supercharging team for further review.

Please feel free to contact Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).

Still doesn't explain why it isn't listed as being under construction.

Tesla doesn't list superchargers as under construction, only as open (along with vague references to those that are "coming soon"). If you are talking about supercharge.info, the information there comes from this forum and similar sites. If you want it to be listed there, go out and find some evidence: an address on a permit; a construction site with Tesla labeled crates; something else. Then send the information to the e-mail address given there. These unreliable notes from various Tesla people are indicative but insufficient.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Please see the response just received.... I can't find "under construction" on the Tesla web site or supercharge.info

Thank you for your email. The Little Rock, AR Supercharger Station is still under construction. We are actively working to open this site and hope to have the station fully operational soon as soon as possible. We are certainly committed and excited to expanding our the Supercharger network throughout the state of Arkansas.

The Tesla Supercharger Team

I received the same response from Tesla in December. A week later Texarkana went live. I doubt that their is a Supercharger under construction in Little Rock.

Reactions: CSFTN
I received the same response from Tesla in December. A week later Texarkana went live. I doubt that their is a Supercharger under construction in Little Rock.

Due to the conflicting responses, I tend to agree with S85D. I presume that there are plans to develop one in LIT someday since it leaves a gaping hole in being able to travel efficiently in Tesla vehicles (and the very reason that many of us chose this brand).

Due to the conflicting responses, I tend to agree with S85D. I presume that there are plans to develop one in LIT someday since it leaves a gaping hole in being able to travel efficiently in Tesla vehicles (and the very reason that many of us chose this brand).

Back in December, I searched for construction permits and could not find any. I will only believe a Supercharger is being built in LR when someone finds the construction site and sends us pictures.

Just spoke with Dana in the Little Rock Planning Commission office, said there were plans submitted by Tesla for a charging station. He referred me to another gentleman who could tell me more details. Just got off the phone with Mark in the planning office he confirmed the address as 11231 Bass Pro Parkway off of I-430 in southwest Little Rock (new outlet mall). Not great for I-40 travelers but its a start. Great for folks coming to Little Rock or Memphis from Texas. Mark told me the permitting process shouldn't take long because it's not a public road.

Just spoke with Dana in the Little Rock Planning Commission office, said there were plans submitted by Tesla for a charging station. He referred me to another gentleman who could tell me more details. Just got off the phone with Mark in the planning office he confirmed the address as 11231 Bass Pro Parkway off of I-430 in southwest Little Rock (new outlet mall). Not great for I-40 travelers but its a start. Great for folks coming to Little Rock or Memphis from Texas. Mark told me the permitting process shouldn't take long because it's not a public road.

About damn time. I let supercharge.info know.

Thanks so much CarlA for the update! Hopefully, it can be built soon as it's vitally needed to enable trips from MEM west toward Dallas. I don't understand all the previous Tesla team reports that it "is still under construction" when physical construction hasn't even began yet (disappointing).