Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked the new Bass Pro Shop/Outlets a few days ago and couldn't find any sign of construction. Also checked Clinton Presidential Library, Intersection of I-430 and I-630, no luck so far. Will check east of town on I-40 tonight. I did call Pulaski County and Little Rock Planning Departments and they are not aware of any construction yet. They did say they might not see permits for this type of construction.There still is a law on the books in Arkansas saying that no entity is allowed to resell power. That's due to change in January. The energy people expect more charging stations to pop up after that law is changed. Also emailed Tesla to confirm construction on LR charger but haven't heard back yet.

(snip) The energy people expect more charging stations to pop up after that law is changed. Also emailed Tesla to confirm construction on LR charger but haven't heard back yet.

I wonder if it's possible that Tesla is confusing Texarkana with Little Rock. I have many relatives in Southern California, and geography of flyover states isn't a widespread skill.

Actually it's not just California. My wife reserved a rental car on the big island of Hawaii. Hertz thought it was reasonable to have us pick it up at the airport in Honolulu, which is on a different island. The person at the call center couldn't understand why it was a problem.

I wonder if it's possible that Tesla is confusing Texarkana with Little Rock. I have many relatives in Southern California, and geography of flyover states isn't a widespread skill.

Actually it's not just California. My wife reserved a rental car on the big island of Hawaii. Hertz thought it was reasonable to have us pick it up at the airport in Honolulu, which is on a different island. The person at the call center couldn't understand why it was a problem.

One would hope that wouldn't be a problem for Tesla, given that they have been installing SCs in out of the way places all across the country.

If after all this we find out there really isn't a location going up in Little Rock, it will only serve to confirm the vast anti-Arkansas conspiracy.

Just got this email from Tesla SuperCharger team. Sad face

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your email. The construction at our site in Little Rock has not yet begun so it is unlikely that the station will be complete before Christmas. We are actively working on this site and hope to have the station fully operational soon.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support for Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

One would hope that wouldn't be a problem for Tesla, given that they have been installing SCs in out of the way places all across the country.

If after all this we find out there really isn't a location going up in Little Rock, it will only serve to confirm the vast anti-Arkansas conspiracy.

I called Tesla the other day about the Memphis Supercharger. The rep on the phone asked me to spell Memphis, asked me if it was in California. When I said "no, it's in Tennessee" he asked me what the nearest city was.

Hmmph. The prosecution rests.
I'm not convinced that Texarkana is real either. On 11/22 someone visited the site and reported no activity. Then someone called the restaurant last week and the "manager" said there was construction. The person on the phone may or may not have known about which they spoke. One would think that someone could have gotten a picture by know. Until then, I remain hopeful, but not convinced.

Just heard from Energy Efficiency Arkansas (part of the Energy Office in Arkansas) saying that Tesla is in the process of installing a
Supercharger in Little Rock but Tesla would not reveal the location and it would not be done before Christmas. This is getting confusing!!
At least we have their attention.

Great digging, so both Tesla & the Energy Efficiency AR office is saying there will not be a Little Rock SuC operational before Christmas. So it looks like I will have a long stop in Little Rock on the 21st. (Planning, Memphis to Fort Smith) Any suggestions from the group?

Great digging, so both Tesla & the Energy Efficiency AR office is saying there will not be a Little Rock SuC operational before Christmas. So it looks like I will have a long stop in Little Rock on the 21st. (Planning, Memphis to Fort Smith) Any suggestions from the group?
Just a suggestion: Stay at the downtown Hampton and plug in at the Clinton Library L2 charger. Or, CHADeMO at the Nissan dealer.

There was a hotel that had a HPWC that put out 64 amps. They charged like 10 bucks if you weren't a guest there. It's the Holiday Inn Airport conference center. It was by the airport on I-440. Look them up on plugshare.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
Pjason, If you have the time,Stop at Holiday Inn at the LR airport for a couple hours ( $10 64 amp Tesla charger) then drive to the Russellville Super 8 for a couple more hours (free 80 amp Tesla charger near the building). There are no Chademo chargers in LR and the charger at the Clinton Library is too slow and may not be working. Good luck driving through the charging desert!

Memphis to Russellville is 220 miles. Drive slow and steady, watch your energy map, go directly to the Super 8 Russelville and then charge there overnight. Coming back, drive directly to LR airport hotel and charge there overnight.