Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allow me to add to the kudos.

Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but a clarification to those who may not realize: to benefit from the 100 amps @56 miles/hr, you have to have the High Amperage Charger Upgrade (or for those of us in the previous generation, the dual chargers). Standard chargers will still only be able to charge at 40 amp (~30 miles/hr)
48 amps, not 40 for the newer generation cars.

Now that I think about it, the 14-50 NEMA should be up and running soon.
It will be useable for charging long before the restaurant opens. Power has been on for some time for the General Contractor.

Just look for the outlet next o the exterior rear door of Burger 21 that faces west
- you will have to park on the east side of the Guitar Center parking lot.

Reactions: TMC Bubba
ahurst, I just registered here to say thank you for allowing us to use your 14-50 NEMA. I'm a huge Tesla fan and an even bigger burger fan. I will definitely stop by for a burger and a quick charge whenever I get my Model 3.

I don't live too far from the outlets so I'll try to stop by once in a while to see if there are any updates.

I have a HPWC 100 amp at my home in West LR that is available. 56 miles/ hr.
Do you have it listed on PlugShare? I would hope to not need to use it, but there have been some close calls on drives in/around LR.

Edit- Nevermind, I see above in B21's post that it is. Thank you.

Also, B21, why a NEMA 14-50? Tesla will give you a HPWC and a J1772 to install there if you make it available to Tesla Drivers, then you'll also have a J1772 for a second Tesla or other EVs.

Do you have it listed on PlugShare? I would hope to not need to use it, but there have been some close calls on drives in/around LR.

Edit- Nevermind, I see above in B21's post that it is. Thank you.

Also, B21, why a NEMA 14-50? Tesla will give you a HPWC and a J1772 to install there if you make it available to Tesla Drivers, then you'll also have a J1772 for a second Tesla or other EVs.

I tried but the Landlord controls the parking lot and they would not "give up" spaces for EV charging.

It will be useable for charging long before the restaurant opens. Power has been on for some time for the General Contractor.

Just look for the outlet next o the exterior rear door of Burger 21 that faces west

My trip is in mid-April, so will not be able to dine there when visiting family.

But will the charging port be available then?

Not much Tesla can do about speeding permit process
In my city final approvement was held up for nearly 2 months by a board composed 100% of auto dealers.. They had zero legal authority to do this but they did it anyway

I say there is little Tesla can do but in fact a word or two from some of the powerul Tesla owers could speed things along . But apparently Tesla does not ask for this kind of help.

I note that the Holliday Inn destination charging site now says "patrons only" nothing about the charge for $10 bit. So the kindly offer of a 1450 by a poster here may be needed.

• Informative
Reactions: techmaven
Not much Tesla can do about speeding permit process
In my city final approvement was held up for nearly 2 months by a board composed 100% of auto dealers.. They had zero legal authority to do this but they did it anyway

I say there is little Tesla can do but in fact a word or two from some of the powerul Tesla owers could speed things along . But apparently Tesla does not ask for this kind of help.

I note that the Holliday Inn destination charging site now says "patrons only" nothing about the charge for $10 bit. So the kindly offer of a 1450 by a poster here may be needed.
Knoxville? I don't recall this being published. Or are you talking about the Service Center in Nashville?

Knoxville? I don't recall this being published. Or are you talking about the Service Center in Nashville?
it was the Brentwood location
Don't remember the details but it was some board close to the end of the permitting process
Probably the only reason they got permitted at all , or in any reasonable time framewas that the location was previously used as an auto shop of some sort

In many states auto dealers are one of the biggest campaign donars. They have political muscle

As Michigan and Texas have shown
there are a large number of entrenched interests that don't want Tesla. This can show up obviously in legislation or more subtly in permitting. For the latter it tends to be more of a long slowdown than an outright prohibition

Well then .... I was there. That was the TN Automobile New Car Sales Commission, which regulates the licensing of new car dealers. It is a self-regulating professional board, just like the medical board or the legal board. The actions of the Commission have the effect of law unless over-ridden by the legislature or the executive branch. Yes, they tried to prevent Tesla from getting a license to sell new cars, and yes several of us shined the sanitizer of daylight on their actions, and yes they decided they didn't have a leg to stand on, and then they offered a proposed settlement to Tesla in which they would not object as long as Tesla opened no more than 4 (or maybe it was 5) sales locations on the state.

The 14-50 should be operational today. I will test it.

Reactions: efusco