Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three weeks? Sweet. Texas, here I come!

(Usual disclaimers for Tesla Time apply...)
Not to be redundant, but ..
As always, the main determinate on time to completion isn't the Tesla contractors ... its the utility installing and activating the transformer. Here in Memphis the contractor's work was done in 3 weeks, then we waited ~ 4 weeks for a transformer, then another 3 weeks for the utility to fix the fiber optic cables they broke tunneling from the pole to the transformer. Then 1 week for Tesla to calibrate and activate the units.

Hello, everyone:

I am a reporter at the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, the statewide daily newspaper in Arkansas, and would like to speak with a few of you about the pending addition of a supercharge site in Little Rock and its impact on Tesla owners in Arkansas and elsewhere. If you have time, please call me today. My office telephone number is 501.399.3646. Many thanks.

Noel

Not to be redundant, but ..
As always, the main determinate on time to completion isn't the Tesla contractors ... its the utility installing and activating the transformer. Here in Memphis the contractor's work was done in 3 weeks, then we waited ~ 4 weeks for a transformer, then another 3 weeks for the utility to fix the fiber optic cables they broke tunneling from the pole to the transformer. Then 1 week for Tesla to calibrate and activate the units.

Sure. By "Tesla Time", I was just poking general fun that we're still at the point that anything involving Tesla and timelines comes with an understanding sigh and shrug, even if it's not necessarily Tesla's fault.

With the M3, Tesla will have to be more "grown up" because presumably that customer base will be less tolerant of such things.

Sure. By "Tesla Time", I was just poking general fun that we're still at the point that anything involving Tesla and timelines comes with an understanding sigh and shrug, even if it's not necessarily Tesla's fault.

With the M3, Tesla will have to be more "grown up" because presumably that customer base will be less tolerant of such things.
Why do people keep saying that? People who stood in line to reserve a Model 3 are as much EV enthusiasts as those EV enthusiasts who could afford a Model S or X.

Reactions: ColBatGuano
Why do people keep saying that? People who stood in line to reserve a Model 3 are as much EV enthusiasts as those EV enthusiasts who could afford a Model S or X.

The long-term goal for the M3 is not to be a car for the "enthusiast" market. It's supposed to expand EVs as a near-equivalent mainstream option to ICEs for daily use. For that to happen, Tesla will need to shed its reputation for being sloppy with its timelines.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
The long-term goal for the M3 is not to be a car for the "enthusiast" market. It's supposed to expand EVs as a near-equivalent mainstream option to ICEs for daily use. For that to happen, Tesla will need to shed its reputation for being sloppy with its timelines.

Great point, as the Model X was a disaster in initial delivery and roll-out, with some of the worse quality control ever...

I suspect the Founders all returned their vehicles, and many of the Sig owners wanted to, some Sigs ended up as Service Center loaners..

Hello, everyone:

I am a reporter at the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, the statewide daily newspaper in Arkansas, and would like to speak with a few of you about the pending addition of a supercharge site in Little Rock and its impact on Tesla owners in Arkansas and elsewhere. If you have time, please call me today. My office telephone number is 501.399.3646. Many thanks.

Noel

Noel says he's gotten about 11 calls....we are out in force.

This is Noel Oman again. I want to thank all of the Tesla owners who saw my request and responded to me. I am overwhelmed by your kindness and your insights. You are too numerous to mention, but have been immensely helpful. My article is scheduled to run in the Sunday business section of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Again, thanks a million.

Your welcome... as a representative from Texas who is concerned for this weekend's drive to Memphis while visiting family in Hot Springs along the way.

Currently there is no way to be sure I can make the typical 4.5 hr, 296 mile drive from the Supercharger in Texarkana to the one in Memphis without a required need for some "slow" charging somewhere in Arkansas. I may just overnight it in L.R. at the Holiday Inn Airport since it graciously provides free charging by way of several Tesla chargers there for guests, and since I am actually starting my trip in Dallas at 10 am, needing to charge for 3-5 hours may as well be done while I sleep.

I guess that is good for L.R. business, but not necessarily good for Tesla owners.

Be sure to mention that like the Holiday Inn, Tesla will provide chargers at very low or no cost to businesses that are willing to host them.

With the Model 3 soon to be populating the U,S, market, many travelers will be looking for these Destination Charging locations as a stop along the way, also good for business.

Also, no other EV manufacturer will likely ever be able to provide a charging network like Tesla has, such the prediction of the millions of Teslas on the road in the future.

Reactions: Rocky_H and MP3Mike
Your welcome... as a representative from Texas who is concerned for this weekend's drive to Memphis while visiting family in Hot Springs along the way.

Currently there is no way to be sure I can make the typical 4.5 hr, 296 mile drive from the Supercharger in Texarkana to the one in Memphis without a required need for some "slow" charging somewhere in Arkansas. I may just overnight it in L.R. at the Holiday Inn Airport since it graciously provides free charging by way of several Tesla chargers there for guests, and since I am actually starting my trip in Dallas at 10 am, needing to charge for 3-5 hours may as well be done while I sleep.

I guess that is good for L.R. business, but not necessarily good for Tesla owners.

Be sure to mention that like the Holiday Inn, Tesla will provide chargers at very low or no cost to businesses that are willing to host them.

With the Model 3 soon to be populating the U,S, market, many travelers will be looking for these Destination Charging locations as a stop along the way, also good for business.

Also, no other EV manufacturer will likely ever be able to provide a charging network like Tesla has, such the prediction of the millions of Teslas on the road in the future.

I can't wait for the LR SC so I can come back and visit friends from college! This is good news! Great location!

Concept of operations for Little Rock EVent: All fully-electric cars are invited to meet at the Clinton Presidential Library parking lot on a Saturday morning in late May, probably the weekend before Memorial Day. We all chat and admire each other's cars. Then, at about 11ish, we begin the parade/convoy down to the SC where we invite media and public to see how great EVs are. We all have lunch and disperse. The only other time for me would be second weekend of June, but then that may be more realistic anyway.